Browse By Neighborhood
- Map It! Minetta Street, Lane, and…Place?: We're gearing up for tomorrow's LPC public meeting in which the commissioners will vote to "calendar" the proposed South Village Hi
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on May 23, 2013 | No CommentsJust prior to yesterday’s rally and press conference to save historic Mary Help of Christians...
Posted on May 14, 2013 | 1 CommentWhile we received some incredibly good news last week about possible future landmarking in the...
Posted on May 6, 2013 | No CommentsYesterday’s benefit house tour was a tremendous success. The weather was crisp, clear, and beautiful,...
Posted on April 29, 2013 | 3 CommentsLast November, we showed how — to our amazement — the City’s own “Community Profile”...
Posted on April 26, 2013 | 2 CommentsOp-Ed from The Villager newspaper, April 25, 2012 http://thevillager.com/2013/04/25/quinn-and-city-cant-omit-3-key-south-village-sites/ Quinn and City Must Not Omit...
Posted on April 22, 2013 | 2 CommentsIt’s disappointing but hardly surprising — NYU destroying a small but important piece of the...
Posted on April 16, 2013 | 2 CommentsFive hundred ninety years ago tomorrow, an event took place which, implausibly enough, lead to...
Posted on April 12, 2013 | 2 CommentsEarlier in the week we looked at what sites the Landmarks Preservation Commission excluded from...
Posted on April 9, 2013 | 4 CommentsLast week the Landmarks Preservation Commission revealed their draft proposed boundaries for Phase II of...
Posted on April 4, 2013 | No CommentsForty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the...