Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 28, 2017 | No CommentsThe developer of the old Stuyvesant Post Office still wants to build higher than zoning […]
Posted on March 20, 2017 | No CommentsOff the Grid is highlighting the 2016 Village Awards winners in the lead up to the […]
Posted on March 13, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on March 3, 2017 | No CommentsWith everything going on in the world, you may have missed a great new resource […]
Posted on February 21, 2017 | 1 CommentFebruary is Black History Month. We here at GVSHP are celebrating it by highlighting different sites […]
Posted on February 16, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on February 10, 2017 | No CommentsShow your love for community centers and spaces for a powerful and quick event next […]
Posted on February 2, 2017 | 1 CommentThe Cornelia Street Cafe which opened its doors in July 1977 needs your help. In 1998, […]
Posted on January 17, 2017 | No CommentsBy now the challenges facing small independent local shops are well known. The good news […]
Posted on January 12, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]