Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Business of the Month: St. Mark’s Bookshop, 136 East 3rd Street: Your input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 3, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on February 1, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP is excited to share our oral history collection with the public, and hope they will […]
Posted on January 27, 2016 | No CommentsToday marks the two year passing of folk music legend Pete Seeger. Seeger was an […]
Posted on January 15, 2016 | No CommentsOn January 17th, 2012, the LPC designated the East 10th Street Historic District. The district includes […]
Posted on January 14, 2016 | No CommentsForty-seven years ago, on January 14th 1969, the Landmarks Preservation Commission concluded that, “On the […]
Posted on January 12, 2016 | No CommentsGreenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation is excited to share our oral history collection with […]
Posted on January 7, 2016 | No CommentsHappy New Year! Tomorrow will mark my four month anniversary working for GVSHP and […]
Posted on January 4, 2016 | No CommentsIt’s always nice to start the new year off on a good note. So we were […]
Posted on December 29, 2015 | 1 CommentThis post is the second of a three-part series called Histories of Fourth Street, from […]
Posted on December 23, 2015 | No CommentsAs 2015 comes to a close, we are thankful for the generous support of our members […]