Browse By Neighborhood
- A New Plan to Preserve the Small Businesses We Love and Need: Think about the neighborhood where you live, whether West Village or East, Astor Place or...
- What Was Here Before Bagatelle?: Many people know the restaurant Bagatelle located at 1 Little West 12th Street for their lavish brunch...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 7, 2015 | No CommentsCinema Village, located at 22 East 12th Street, is the oldest continuously operated cinema in […]
Posted on July 6, 2015 | No CommentsAlthough the summer months mean vacation time for some people, here at GVSHP, we don’t […]
Posted on July 1, 2015 | No CommentsHistorically, the Village and East Village have always been the place for artists, writers, performers, […]
Posted on June 26, 2015 | No CommentsThink about the neighborhood where you live, whether West Village or East, Astor Place or […]
Posted on June 18, 2015 | No CommentsPerhaps the most well-known art movement associated with Greenwich Village is Abstract Expressionism (also known […]
Posted on June 17, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on June 16, 2015 | No CommentsThis is the final post on the 2015 Village Awards. Previous posts highlighted Barbara Shaum, Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks, David […]
Posted on June 12, 2015 | No CommentsOff the Grid is highlighting the winners of GVSHP’s 2015 Village Awards, in the lead up to our June […]
Posted on June 4, 2015 | No CommentsThis year’s Gay Pride Month certainly got off to an auspicious start with the New […]
Posted on May 26, 2015 | 5 CommentsWith our Annual Awards coming up on June 17th, over the next few weeks on […]