Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 24, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the Landmarks50 celebration with a look at another individual landmark in our neighborhood, […]
Posted on November 18, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue celebrating Landmarks50 with a look at individual landmarks in our neighborhood. Yesterday we […]
Posted on November 17, 2015 | 2 CommentsNow home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in […]
Posted on November 16, 2015 | No Comments“I have lived on the Lower East Side for seventy years. And when I came […]
Posted on November 13, 2015 | No CommentsBurial spaces serve a wide variety of purposes: religious, political, socioeconomic. For example, a graveyard […]
Posted on November 12, 2015 | No CommentsOnce upon a time in Chelsea, New York, a young woman lived in an apartment […]
Posted on November 9, 2015 | No CommentsAs part of our continuing Landmarks50 celebration, and in honor of Stanford White’s birthday today […]
Posted on November 6, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the Landmarks50 celebration by taking a look at another individual landmark in our […]
Posted on November 4, 2015 | No CommentsOn Monday evening, GVSHP presented a program at the Sixth Street Community Center with our […]
Posted on October 30, 2015 | No CommentsLast night GVSHP presented a program at the Jefferson Market Library about the history of […]