Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Makari: Your input is needed! Today we kick off our new "Business of the Month" feature...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Sullivan Street Playhouse: Gone But Not Forgotten: Today marks the tenth anniversary of the final performance of the off-Broadway hit The Fantasticks...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 10, 2014 | No CommentsWith ongoing recent public protests, Union Square has been splashed across the news again as […]
Posted on December 9, 2014 | No CommentsDecember is chock full of holidays and no shortage of holiday tree lightings, carol singing […]
Posted on December 6, 2014 | No CommentsA week ago we were surrounded by ads for “Black Friday,” a day many people […]
Posted on December 4, 2014 | No CommentsIn the 1890s, the Bowery, like Bleecker Street, was a center of ‘gay’ nightlife in […]
Posted on December 3, 2014 | No CommentsToday you may be shaking your head over the Landmarks Preservation Commission’s shocking plan to […]
Posted on December 2, 2014 | No CommentsA Keith Haring sculpture (Self Portrait; 1989) has recently appeared in front of 51 Astor […]
Posted on November 24, 2014 | No CommentsWith the approach of Thanksgiving this week, we here at Off the Grid are taking […]
Posted on November 20, 2014 | 1 CommentSometimes the riches of what’s given away for free in New York City can feel […]
Posted on November 19, 2014 | No CommentsAs part of GVSHP’s ongoing programming, native New Yorker and world renowned artist Frederick Brosen […]
Posted on November 14, 2014 | No CommentsCan you identify the image in the photo above? On Monday evening, November 17th, we’ll […]