Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- St. Anthony of Padua: The following was originally posted by Drew Durniak. It showcases one of the South Village's ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 27, 2016 | No CommentsAt GVSHP, we’re proud and protective of many of our community’s more well-known residents. Recently, […]
Posted on October 13, 2016 | No CommentsIt is autumn time, but a new old garden springs alive again. After many years […]
Posted on October 5, 2016 | No Comments11th Street between 3rd and 4th Avenues is a pretty short block. But there is […]
Posted on September 30, 2016 | No CommentsEver walk by those many empty storefronts, or past the multitude of metastizing chainstores, and […]
Posted on September 28, 2016 | No CommentsThis Saturday marks a bittersweet anniversary for us at GVSHP. On that day in 2010, […]
Posted on September 26, 2016 | No CommentsAutumn is in the air here in the Village! As the leaves start to change […]
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 1 CommentIt’s no secret that the Village has changed. However, due to rising demand for real […]
Posted on September 20, 2016 | No CommentsSchool has started and we are eagerly anticipating our fascinating program this Thursday evening organized with […]
Posted on September 19, 2016 | No CommentsTucked away on East 7th Street between Avenues C and D is the former Beth […]
Posted on September 15, 2016 | No CommentsThe following post was originally written over five years ago as part of a series […]