Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Great Album Covers, Preserved Forever: They may not necessarily be a basis for landmark designation, but it’s always nice when...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on May 26, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on May 25, 2016 | No CommentsOff the Grid is highlighting the 2016 Village Awards winners in the lead up to the […]
Posted on May 24, 2016 | No CommentsThree years ago, EV Grieve published a post about the preservationists calling for an archeological […]
Posted on May 19, 2016 | No CommentsOff the Grid is highlighting the 2016 Village Awards winners in the lead up to the […]
Posted on May 18, 2016 | No CommentsSpringtime has arrived in our wonderful neighborhoods. Many more people are out and about. Locals and […]
Posted on May 13, 2016 | No CommentsOff the Grid is highlighting the 2016 Village Awards winners in the lead up to the […]
Posted on May 10, 2016 | No CommentsNote: This is an updated version of a post originally by Karen Loew The New York […]
Posted on May 4, 2016 | No CommentsNot long ago, in theaters far, far away (and near too), a movie came out that […]
Posted on April 26, 2016 | No CommentsWhat was there before it was a garden? We get that question often here, and […]
Posted on April 25, 2016 | No CommentsOn April 24, 1904 artist Willem de Kooning was born in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. de Kooning […]