Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Veselka Then and Now: Three years ago today, GVSHP conducted an oral history interview with Veselka owner and GVSHP Trustee ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 19, 2016 | No CommentsQuiz time. How well do you know the great shops selected as part of our Business […]
Posted on December 13, 2016 | No CommentsJoin GVSHP tomorrow night in the main sanctuary of the Museum at Eldridge Street as […]
Posted on December 5, 2016 | 1 CommentLast Thursday was the official unveiling and dedication of the restored Mosaic Trail poles as part […]
Posted on November 28, 2016 | No CommentsThe final pieces of the renovation of Astor Place will be unveiled and dedicated tomorrow. […]
Posted on November 17, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on November 15, 2016 | No CommentsWhat makes New York the greatest city in the world? There are many ways to […]
Posted on November 11, 2016 | No CommentsBuilt in 1936 as the very first public housing development in New York City or […]
Posted on November 3, 2016 | No CommentsOn this day in 1979, The Talking Heads released their single ‘Life During Wartime‘ from […]
Posted on November 2, 2016 | No CommentsOne of the most beloved public works of art was reinstalled in our community yesterday, after […]