Browse By Neighborhood
- More Evidence of Historic Cemetery Under Endangered Church: Just prior to yesterday's rally and press conference to save historic Mary Help of Christians Church from demolition (see press release
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on April 10, 2013 | No CommentsDo you recognize the three-dimensional map in this photo? Hint: half a century ago, the...
Posted on April 5, 2013 | No CommentsThis Sunday, the Season 6 premiere of Mad Men will transport us back to late...
Posted on March 28, 2013 | 1 CommentIt was forty five years ago this month that Bill Graham opened the Fillmore East...
Posted on March 26, 2013 | 2 CommentsMarch is Women’s History Month; the month-long celebration highlights the accomplishments of women in various...
Posted on March 22, 2013 | No CommentsSince 1991, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation has presented awards to members of...
Posted on March 20, 2013 | 2 CommentsWe recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Posted on March 18, 2013 | No CommentsWhile the Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade wound its way up Fifth Avenue this weekend,...
Posted on March 6, 2013 | No CommentsAustralian artist James Gulliver Hancock began to draw buildings during his travels, allowing him to...
Posted on March 5, 2013 | 2 CommentsTomorrow, Community Board 3′s Landmarks Subcommittee will hear proposals for changes to two East Village...
Posted on February 28, 2013 | 1 CommentOn Monday evening, GVSHP and the New School for Public Engagement hosted a film screening,...