Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The House of Death: 14 West 10th Street is a Greek Revival house near Washington Square Park with a ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 9, 2016 | No CommentsWith a raft of demolition permits in the air, it reminds us that a year ago […]
Posted on September 8, 2016 | No CommentsLooking for a cool place to hang in the East Village? We have a few […]
Posted on September 6, 2016 | No CommentsThe following post was originally written five years ago to showcase one of our neighborhood […]
Posted on August 26, 2016 | No CommentsThis summer, the Museum of Ice Cream opened in Gansevoort Market, allowing visitors to swim in […]
Posted on August 18, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on August 11, 2016 | No CommentsSummer time, and the bounty of vegetables and fruits are abundant. Sometimes you want a […]
Posted on August 10, 2016 | No CommentsAs both we and the media have recently reported, two months ago GVSHP requested the […]
Posted on July 28, 2016 | 1 CommentToday GVSHP pays its respects to Al Orensanz, the Director of the Angel Orensanz Foundation […]
Posted on July 20, 2016 | No CommentsLast night, Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation, alongside the Neighborhood Preservation Center and Village […]
Posted on July 19, 2016 | No CommentsThe Donald has been getting a lot of attention lately, what with his running for […]