Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- 57 Sullivan Street — A Landmark Designation Long Overdue: As one of the oldest surviving houses in Manhattan, 57 Sullivan Street has born witness...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 29, 2015 | 1 CommentThis post is the second of a three-part series called Histories of Fourth Street, from […]
Posted on December 23, 2015 | No CommentsAs 2015 comes to a close, we are thankful for the generous support of our members […]
Posted on December 18, 2015 | No CommentsAs 2015 comes to a close and 2016 approaches, here is a look back at […]
Posted on December 11, 2015 | No CommentsThe City’s rezoning proposals ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ (ZQA) and Mandatory Inclusionary Housing (MIH) […]
Posted on December 10, 2015 | No CommentsUnsure of what to get that special someone for the holidays? How about a horse? […]
Posted on December 9, 2015 | No CommentsIn June, 2015 GVSHP was proud to award Barbara Shaum a Village Award. We are […]
Posted on December 8, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the Landmarks50 celebration by taking a deeper look at Saint Marks-in-the-Bowery Church at […]
Posted on December 1, 2015 | No CommentsGreenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation is excited to share our oral history collection with […]
Posted on November 30, 2015 | No Comments4 St. Mark’s Place, also known as the Hamilton-Holly House and current home of Trash […]