Browse By Neighborhood
- What’s That Orange Netting On My Neighbor’s Rooftop?: Every so often we get a call or an email here at GVSHP asking about...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Map It! Finding the Lost Stuyvesant Alley: Recently, someone contacted us asking about the location of Stuyvesant Alley, which no longer exists....
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on June 20, 2014 | No CommentsIt was six years ago today that the 101 Avenue A — home to the […]
Posted on June 19, 2014 | 1 CommentWhat could be better on Throwback Thursday than taking a look-see at the advertisements of […]
Posted on June 17, 2014 | No CommentsLast evening, as part of GVSHP’s Annual Meeting, we celebrated the best of Greenwich Village, […]
Posted on June 16, 2014 | No CommentsEvery so often we get a call or an email here at GVSHP asking about […]
Posted on June 13, 2014 | 1 CommentOn a hot summer day in the East Village, when your skin is sticky and […]
Posted on June 10, 2014 | No CommentsFor fifty-three years, La MaMa E.T.C. has brought amazing theater off, off Broadway and into […]
Posted on June 9, 2014 | No CommentsHere’s a neighborhood old-timer for you. The New York Marble Cemetery, which turns 184 years […]
Posted on June 6, 2014 | No CommentsYou’re invited to a plaque unveiling and festivities honoring Frank O’Hara on Tuesday, June 10 […]
Posted on May 29, 2014 | No CommentsBrowsing the merchandise at New York Central Art Supply can be a little intimidating for […]
Posted on May 28, 2014 | No CommentsIn continuation of our Landmarking 101 series, today we’re focusing on active violations on a […]