Browse By Neighborhood
- Map It! Minetta Street, Lane, and…Place?: We're gearing up for tomorrow's LPC public meeting in which the commissioners will vote to "calendar" the proposed South Village Hi
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on May 22, 2013 | No CommentsSince the first public market opened in the area in 1884, Gansevoort Market — or...
Posted on April 15, 2013 | No CommentsToday marks one hundred and one years since the RMS Titanic sank into the cold...
Posted on April 10, 2013 | No CommentsDo you recognize the three-dimensional map in this photo? Hint: half a century ago, the...
Posted on March 22, 2013 | No CommentsSince 1991, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation has presented awards to members of...
Posted on February 18, 2013 | No CommentsAfter many delays and revisions, the New York City Districting Commission has presented its final...
Posted on February 7, 2013 | No CommentsThe Landmarks Preservation Commission’s (LPC) response to pleas to consider the entire proposed South Village...
Posted on January 29, 2013 | No CommentsOff the Grid has featured many posts about some of the place names within Greenwich...
Posted on January 17, 2013 | 6 CommentsThe High Line has become one of Manhattan’s most popular attractions, offering a unique opportunity...
Posted on January 10, 2013 | 1 CommentAre you an owner of a landmarked building or someone that files applications through the...
Posted on January 3, 2013 | No CommentsThe Meatpacking District—or to preservationists the Gansevoort Market Historic District—was the scene of many a...