Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Veselka Then and Now: Three years ago today, GVSHP conducted an oral history interview with Veselka owner and GVSHP Trustee ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 16, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on January 9, 2017 | No CommentsHere at GVSHP we are excited about our recently launched Village Civil Rights & Social […]
Posted on December 22, 2016 | No Comments2016 marked the 80th year in the Merchant’s House Museum’s history. While the museum is […]
Posted on December 19, 2016 | No CommentsQuiz time. How well do you know the great shops selected as part of our Business […]
Posted on September 16, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on September 13, 2016 | No CommentsThis year marks the 80th anniversary of the founding of the Merchant’s House Museum. The museum is […]
Posted on September 9, 2016 | No CommentsWith a raft of demolition permits in the air, it reminds us that a year ago […]
Posted on September 1, 2016 | 1 CommentWaverly Place and Mercer Street is just east of Washington Square Park. This unique part […]
Posted on August 25, 2016 | No CommentsRecently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as […]