Browse By Neighborhood
- Alexander Hamilton and the Village: The hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding...
- When was my building built? and other tricky research questions: The New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on August 28, 2015 | No CommentsIt’s been over four years since the original It Happened Here: 80’s Music Videos graced the […]
Posted on August 12, 2015 | No CommentsThe hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding […]
Posted on August 10, 2015 | No CommentsOn this day, 45 years ago, the famous McSorley’s Old Ale House at 15 East […]
Posted on August 3, 2015 | No CommentsIf you have ever noticed the beautiful row houses along MacDougal Street and Sullivan Street […]
Posted on July 31, 2015 | No CommentsHere at Off the Grid we are sad to report that we have lost a […]
Posted on July 23, 2015 | No CommentsI recently read the novella Washington Square for the first time, eager to see how […]
Posted on July 16, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on July 13, 2015 | No CommentsIt’s summer and the flowers are in bloom! We are so lucky to have so […]
Posted on June 4, 2015 | No CommentsThis year’s Gay Pride Month certainly got off to an auspicious start with the New […]
Posted on June 2, 2015 | No CommentsGVSHP presents free public programs all year long, at various venues throughout the East Village, […]