Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The House of Death: 14 West 10th Street is a Greek Revival house near Washington Square Park with a ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 20, 2016 | No CommentsTwo and a half years after the designation of the South Village Historic District, […]
Posted on October 10, 2016 | No CommentsThis series shines a light on the important things we’re achieving together in Greenwich Village, […]
Posted on September 26, 2016 | No CommentsAutumn is in the air here in the Village! As the leaves start to change […]
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 1 CommentIt’s no secret that the Village has changed. However, due to rising demand for real […]
Posted on September 9, 2016 | No CommentsWith a raft of demolition permits in the air, it reminds us that a year ago […]
Posted on August 29, 2016 | No CommentsHappy Birthday to Romana Raffetto, owner of Raffetto’s Pasta located at 144 West Houston Street. […]
Posted on August 5, 2016 | No CommentsGone but not forgotten, below is a list of just some of the individuals who […]
Posted on August 4, 2016 | No CommentsRecently, GVSHP has been reporting on and testifying against the plans for a building to […]
Posted on July 27, 2016 | No CommentsA year ago today, Bert Waggott passed away, surrounded by loved ones. Bert was a […]
Posted on July 20, 2016 | No CommentsLast night, Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation, alongside the Neighborhood Preservation Center and Village […]