Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: East Village Cheese: Your input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 2, 2015 | No CommentsFamed Rock n Roll legend and Greenwich Village icon, Lou Reed, would have turned 73 […]
Posted on February 24, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we […]
Posted on February 23, 2015 | No CommentsThree years ago today, GVSHP and the Village won an important early victory in the […]
Posted on February 20, 2015 | No CommentsWe have been busy here at GVSHP! We started the year with a program by […]
Posted on February 19, 2015 | No CommentsToday we’d like to wish 203 Prince Street a happy “landmark” birthday. On this day […]
Posted on February 17, 2015 | No CommentsYou never know what you might stumble upon when walking around the neighborhood. Recently I […]
Posted on February 13, 2015 | No CommentsValentine’s Day is almost here with almost no time left to waste! Due to the […]
Posted on February 11, 2015 | No CommentsHaving recently completed my undergraduate degree in architectural and urban history, I have been exploring […]
Posted on February 5, 2015 | No CommentsIn celebration of Black History Month, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation will host […]
Posted on February 3, 2015 | No Comments(This post is part of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of Greenwich […]