Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 14, 2017 | No CommentsHappy Pi Day! Every year on March 14th is the celebration of the mathematical constant […]
Posted on February 27, 2017 | No CommentsThree year ago today, GVSHP conducted an oral history with Gloria McDarrah, a Village resident […]
Posted on January 17, 2017 | No CommentsBy now the challenges facing small independent local shops are well known. The good news […]
Posted on January 9, 2017 | No CommentsHere at GVSHP we are excited about our recently launched Village Civil Rights & Social […]
Posted on January 6, 2017 | No CommentsAll week we have looked at the rich contents of newly designated Sullivan-Thompson Historic District designation […]
Posted on January 5, 2017 | No CommentsOff the Grid has previously taken a look at African American history in the South Village, […]
Posted on December 31, 2016 | No Comments2016 is coming to an end. What better way to ring in the New Year […]