Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- See You on the Dark Side of the Village!: Forty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on June 27, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP holds events with the Jefferson Market Library and the Jefferson Market Garden several times […]
Posted on June 23, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on June 22, 2016 | No CommentsOn this day in 1984, the movie The Pope of Greenwich Village was released in […]
Posted on June 17, 2016 | No CommentsI burn my candle at both ends, It will not last the night. But ah, […]
Posted on June 16, 2016 | No CommentsA generous GVSHP supporter dropped off a fun treat to our offices a few weeks […]
Posted on June 15, 2016 | No CommentsOn this date in 1904 more than 1,000 New Yorkers perished when their steamboat burst into […]
Posted on June 13, 2016 | No CommentsGreenwich Village, the East Village and NoHo offer a vast array of architectural styles that […]
Posted on June 9, 2016 | No CommentsThere are many tactics that developers may use to get rid of tenants, or to […]
Posted on June 7, 2016 | 1 CommentGreenwich Village has been a hot-bed for creative theatrical minds since at least the beginnings […]
Posted on June 6, 2016 | No CommentsOff the Grid is highlighting the 2016 Village Awards winners in the lead up to the June […]