Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Veselka Then and Now: Three years ago today, GVSHP conducted an oral history interview with Veselka owner and GVSHP Trustee ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 24, 2017 | No CommentsOur friends at the Grey Art Gallery hosted a wonderful private tour of their […]
Posted on February 23, 2017 | No CommentsThree years ago today, GVSHP conducted an oral history interview with Veselka owner and GVSHP Trustee […]
Posted on February 21, 2017 | 1 CommentFebruary is Black History Month. We here at GVSHP are celebrating it by highlighting different sites […]
Posted on February 17, 2017 | No CommentsBrowsing through GVSHP’s recently updated image archives, I came across photographs of the Variety Theater, […]
Posted on February 16, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on February 14, 2017 | No CommentsHappy Valentine’s Day! Love may be in the air for some, while others (myself included) might […]
Posted on February 13, 2017 | No CommentsGVSHP recently released 90 new images on the GVSHP image archive. Almost half of them date […]
Posted on February 10, 2017 | No CommentsShow your love for community centers and spaces for a powerful and quick event next […]
Posted on February 9, 2017 | No CommentsFebruary is Black History Month. We here at GVSHP are celebrating it by highlighting different sites […]