Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 25, 2015 | No CommentsThis has been no small year for preservation in New York City, and we at […]
Posted on November 24, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the Landmarks50 celebration with a look at another individual landmark in our neighborhood, […]
Posted on November 23, 2015 | 1 CommentNearly 30 community boards across the city and the Bronx Borough President have now voted […]
Posted on November 19, 2015 | No CommentsTom Bernardin has been a good friend to GVSHP for some time. And it’s safe […]
Posted on November 18, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue celebrating Landmarks50 with a look at individual landmarks in our neighborhood. Yesterday we […]
Posted on November 17, 2015 | 2 CommentsNow home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in […]
Posted on November 12, 2015 | No CommentsOnce upon a time in Chelsea, New York, a young woman lived in an apartment […]
Posted on November 11, 2015 | No CommentsEveryone knows the iconic Macy’s flagship store on 34th Street and Broadway. But before moving […]
Posted on November 10, 2015 | No CommentsTwelve years ago tomorrow, GVSHP began an initiative to secure historic district designation for the […]
Posted on November 4, 2015 | No CommentsOn Monday evening, GVSHP presented a program at the Sixth Street Community Center with our […]