Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 17, 2017 | No CommentsBy now the challenges facing small independent local shops are well known. The good news […]
Posted on January 13, 2017 | No CommentsAs 2016 fades into memory, we wanted to look back on all that GVSHP accomplished […]
Posted on January 12, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on January 11, 2017 | No CommentsGVSHP’s recently published Greenwich Village Historic District New Buildings Report for the first time catalogues every new […]
Posted on January 10, 2017 | 1 CommentIt seems that President-elect Donald Trump is having a difficult time filling the roster for […]
Posted on January 6, 2017 | No CommentsAll week we have looked at the rich contents of newly designated Sullivan-Thompson Historic District designation […]
Posted on January 4, 2017 | No CommentsThe Vesuvio playground, one of the few green spaces in the newly designated Sullivan-Thompson Historic […]
Posted on January 3, 2017 | No CommentsThe newly designated Sullivan Thompson Historic District designation report was posted last week by the […]
Posted on January 2, 2017 | No CommentsIf you’re walking down the sidewalk and see someone with a small notebook, staring up […]
Posted on December 30, 2016 | No CommentsThe following is a re-posting of a post by Elizabeth Finkelstein from 2011: Call it whatever you’d […]