Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The First Landmarks Preservation Commission Hearing, September 21, 1965: Fifty-one years ago today, on September 21, 1965, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) held its ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 22, 2016 | No Comments“I’d read about the Village, how Bohemian it was, and after getting thrown out of […]
Posted on September 21, 2016 | No CommentsFifty-one years ago today, on September 21, 1965, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) held its […]
Posted on September 20, 2016 | No CommentsSchool has started and we are eagerly anticipating our fascinating program this Thursday evening organized with […]
Posted on September 16, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on September 14, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP is fortunate to be participating in two terrific events this coming Saturday, September 17th […]
Posted on September 12, 2016 | No CommentsWhere can you enjoy the best of Greenwich Village bars, restaurants, and shops, all in […]
Posted on September 9, 2016 | No CommentsWith a raft of demolition permits in the air, it reminds us that a year ago […]
Posted on September 8, 2016 | No CommentsLooking for a cool place to hang in the East Village? We have a few […]
Posted on September 7, 2016 | No CommentsOn this day in 1885, poet and novelist Elinor Wylie was born. Wylie’s writings were […]
Posted on September 6, 2016 | No CommentsThe following post was originally written five years ago to showcase one of our neighborhood […]