Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: East Village Cheese: Your input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 26, 2015 | 1 CommentI have often noticed these old drinking fountains on historic buildings – there is one […]
Posted on February 25, 2015 | No CommentsLike many fans, we at Off the Grid were heartbroken when it really happened, after […]
Posted on February 23, 2015 | No CommentsThree years ago today, GVSHP and the Village won an important early victory in the […]
Posted on February 14, 2015 | No CommentsIn celebration of Valentine’s Day today, we thought we would tip our hats to some […]
Posted on February 13, 2015 | No CommentsValentine’s Day is almost here with almost no time left to waste! Due to the […]
Posted on February 12, 2015 | No CommentsCall him the preservationist’s preservationist: Anthony C. Wood has not only built a distinguished career […]
Posted on February 9, 2015 | No CommentsWe here at GVSHP are pleased to welcome Sam Moskowitz aboard, whose first day as […]
Posted on February 6, 2015 | No CommentsYesterday, Off the Grid provided a sneak preview into our upcoming February programs to celebrate […]
Posted on February 4, 2015 | No CommentsNot so long ago, there were 57 community gardens sprinkled along the streets of the […]
Posted on February 3, 2015 | No Comments(This post is part of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of Greenwich […]