Browse By Neighborhood
- A Tale of Two Tenements: 226 & 228 East 6th Street: This week we thought we'd take another look at sister tenements - designed by the...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Community Cornerstones: The Renee and Chaim Gross Foundation: Tucked away on an unassuming block on LaGuardia Place is the former studio and home...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 27, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP’s program this evening, the Art of Exterior Ornamentation: A Talk with the Owners of […]
Posted on February 22, 2013 | No CommentsTomorrow The New School will hold the second part of its symposium, The Feminine Mystique […]
Posted on February 12, 2013 | No CommentsDid you know that since 1991, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation has offered […]
Posted on February 11, 2013 | No CommentsThe weekend blizzard, dubbed Nemo by some media outlets, dropped 11.4 inches of snow as […]
Posted on January 24, 2013 | No CommentsReaders of Off the Grid should be familiar with the many preservation victories Greenwich Village […]
Posted on November 19, 2012 | No CommentsIt’s easy to see much of the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy. But one of […]
Posted on November 12, 2012 | No CommentsAfter riding out the week of Hurricane Sandy at home in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, as the […]
Posted on October 23, 2012 | No CommentsDesignation reports are detailed documents created by New York City’s Landmarks Preservation Commission at the […]
Posted on August 6, 2012 | No CommentsThe real estate blog Curbed featured a look late last week at the Department of […]
Posted on June 12, 2012 | No CommentsYesterday, the real estate and architecture blog-o-sphere was abuzz with Property Shark’s new interactive timeline, […]