Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Sullivan Street Tea & Spice Company: Your input is needed! Today we feature our second “Business of the Month" — the first...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- 1980s Tax Photos: Then & Now: For today's post in our Then & Now series, we thought we'd feature a few...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 11, 2013 | 1 CommentToday we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites […]
Posted on November 6, 2013 | No CommentsNew Yorkers have elected a new mayor, but it’s important to note that any mayor […]
Posted on November 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsMr. Mayor, don’t forget the Landmarks Preservation Commission! Amid lobbying on higher-profile issues like stop-and-frisk, […]
Posted on November 1, 2013 | 1 CommentAs Election Day approaches, like many of you, we’re wondering what the future holds for […]
Posted on October 31, 2013 | No CommentsThe Village does Halloween like no other NYC community, featuring parades, festivals, and plenty of […]
Posted on October 29, 2013 | No CommentsIf the “art deco masterpiece” that is 570 Lexington Avenue no longer stood on the […]
Posted on October 24, 2013 | No CommentsWith next Tuesday’s hearing on the possible landmark designation of the Tifereth Israel Town & […]
Posted on October 17, 2013 | No CommentsForty-six years ago today, October 17, 1965, Pablo Picasso wrote in a letter that he […]
Posted on October 16, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to share it’s new report “Ten Years – A Thousand Buildings – […]
Posted on October 15, 2013 | No CommentsFor stalwarts of the affordable housing scene in New York City, what obstacles come to […]