Browse By Neighborhood
- A New Plan to Preserve the Small Businesses We Love and Need: Think about the neighborhood where you live, whether West Village or East, Astor Place or...
- What Was Here Before Bagatelle?: Many people know the restaurant Bagatelle located at 1 Little West 12th Street for their lavish brunch...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 12, 2014 | No CommentsNext Tuesday there will be a panel discussion moderated by GVSHP’s Executive Director Andrew Berman […]
Posted on September 10, 2014 | No CommentsAre you shaking your head sadly again? You know, that doleful tut-tut about the sweet […]
Posted on September 9, 2014 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to share a report we commissioned which examines some flaws in New […]
Posted on September 3, 2014 | No CommentsThere are only a few seats left for tomorrow evening’s program with photographer Richard Blair […]
Posted on August 28, 2014 | No CommentsThe recent piece on PBS’ MetroFocus series about GVSHP’s book, Greenwich Village Stories (watch here) […]
Posted on August 26, 2014 | 1 CommentNext Thursday evening GVSHP will present a program with photographer Richard Blair about his new […]
Posted on August 22, 2014 | 1 CommentThese beautiful late summer days have got us thinking about sun and sky. Which has […]
Posted on August 20, 2014 | 1 CommentIt was almost sixty years ago that, after changing the course of music forever, Charles […]
Posted on August 15, 2014 | 3 CommentsMost of us have experienced the surprise and sadness of walking by a favorite […]
Posted on August 14, 2014 | 1 CommentI think I’m infatuated with Greenwich Village’s Hudson River waterfront. I can’t seem to get […]