Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Happy Birthday Marcel Duchamp!: Today marks what would have been Marcel Duchamp’s 128th Birthday. Duchamp was born in France...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 14, 2014 | No CommentsLast night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of […]
Posted on October 10, 2014 | No CommentsMany Gotham dwellers just about have their spirit broken from all the eclectic, only-in-New-York kinds […]
Posted on October 8, 2014 | No CommentsWorking in historic preservation, you know that you win some and you lose some. The […]
Posted on October 2, 2014 | No CommentsOp-Ed BY ANDREW BERMAN, Executive Director, Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation October 2, 2014 […]
Posted on September 29, 2014 | 1 CommentWhen you’ve been involved in a struggle since last century – 16 long years – […]
Posted on September 23, 2014 | 2 CommentsThe Hamilton Fish House is a stately home located on lovely Stuyvesant Street in the […]
Posted on September 19, 2014 | 1 CommentPerhaps one of the most frequent questions we here at GVSHP get from the public […]
Posted on September 18, 2014 | 1 CommentNow in its fourth home, the St. Mark’s Bookshop has become a kind of movable […]
Posted on September 12, 2014 | No CommentsNext Tuesday there will be a panel discussion moderated by GVSHP’s Executive Director Andrew Berman […]