Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: East Village Cheese: Your input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 15, 2014 | No CommentsIf you like wandering around the streets of Greenwich Village and admiring the architecture as […]
Posted on January 10, 2014 | No CommentsThis is the first in a series of “Doing Business in the Village” blog posts […]
Posted on December 24, 2013 | No CommentsTraditions abound during the holiday season. For many, family and charity are top priorities, while […]
Posted on December 19, 2013 | No CommentsOn Tuesday we celebrated the Landmarks Preservation Commission vote to designate the South Village as […]
Posted on December 12, 2013 | No CommentsOn Tuesday evening, GVSHP presented a program with architect, preservationist, and author Françoise Bollack about […]
Posted on December 10, 2013 | No CommentsDawn Powell lived in Greenwich Village and wrote about it as well as or better […]
Posted on December 6, 2013 | No CommentsBack in October, GVSHP worked with our friends and neighbors at GrowNYC, Abingdon Square Conservancy, […]
Posted on December 5, 2013 | 2 CommentsThey may not necessarily be a basis for landmark designation, but it’s always nice when […]
Posted on December 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsSome surprising good news today about the growth of chain stores in the Village, East […]
Posted on November 21, 2013 | No CommentsHere in Greenwich Village, we are surrounded by history. So sometimes when I walk the […]