Browse By Neighborhood
- A First for Recognizing LGBT History in the South Village: Over the past several weeks, we've been highlighting the recent designation of the South Village...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- No Need for a Mock UN at One East Village Elementary School: School may be out for the summer, but that doesn't mean we can’t take time...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 20, 2011 | No CommentsJim Carrey may be the latest celeb to buy in 176 Perry (Curbed) In 1951 […]
Posted on October 13, 2011 | No CommentsFacing eviction, Village Scandal holding sale to pay for legal fees (EV Grieve) Looking at […]
Posted on October 13, 2011 | No CommentsAfter 13 years Babbo is still popular, and neighbors don’t like it (Gothamist) Curbed reports […]
Posted on October 13, 2011 | No CommentsDessert Club Chikalicious welcomes in fall with new sweets (Serious Eats) Grade A restaurants are […]
Posted on October 10, 2011 | 1 CommentColumbus Day has traditionally served as an opportunity to honor the contributions of Italian-Americans to […]
Posted on October 8, 2011 | No CommentsLooking at the very understated sidewalk canopy and signage at the new IHOP (EV Grieve) […]
Posted on October 8, 2011 | No CommentsSecond floor combo of 165 Perry could all be yours for $6.8 Million (Curbed) What […]
Posted on October 6, 2011 | No CommentsYesterday, GVSHP announced that tickets were going on sale for our fall fundraiser, Much Ado […]
Posted on October 4, 2011 | No CommentsEV Grieve checks out the 3-level penthouse at the Brownstone East Village Complex puts together […]
Posted on October 4, 2011 | No CommentsJeremiah’s Vanishing New York takes a look at the disappearance of Village gas stations, like […]