Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 19, 2014 | 1 CommentFor today’s post in our Then & Now series, we thought we’d feature a few […]
Posted on March 18, 2014 | No CommentsBob Holman has been making poetry downtown for over 25 years. Among his many endeavors, […]
Posted on March 13, 2014 | 2 CommentsFifty years ago, on March 13th, 1964, Kitty Genovese was brutally raped and murdered in […]
Posted on March 12, 2014 | 1 CommentIt seems like everyone supports small business — it’s as American as Mom and apple […]
Posted on March 4, 2014 | No CommentsAnita Lo serves two of the things people need most: food and stories. Chef and […]
Posted on February 28, 2014 | 1 CommentSo there I was, innocently paging through the New York Times Real Estate section this […]
Posted on February 27, 2014 | No CommentsToday as usual I was reading my morning newspaper on the subway. There was a […]
Posted on February 23, 2014 | No CommentsOn February 24th, 1975, Led Zeppelin’s double studio album Physical Graffiti was unleashed upon the […]
Posted on February 18, 2014 | No CommentsGVSHP works to preserve the architectural and cultural heritage of Greenwich Village, the East Village, […]
Posted on February 11, 2014 | No CommentsHave you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is […]