Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The First Landmarks Preservation Commission Hearing, September 21, 1965: Fifty-one years ago today, on September 21, 1965, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) held its ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 25, 2016 | No Comments“Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” For almost everyone in the workforce this […]
Posted on February 24, 2016 | 1 CommentEver wonder what is going on with the construction of the landmarked building next door, […]
On this Day: Washington Square Village Found Eligible for State and National Registers of Historic PlacesPosted on February 23, 2016 | No CommentsOn this date in 2011, the New York State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), presented a […]
Posted on February 22, 2016 | No CommentsGeorge Washington was born on February 22nd, and his birthday was unofficially celebrated by Americans […]
Posted on February 17, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP is excited to share our oral history collection with the public, and hope they will […]
Posted on February 12, 2016 | No CommentsTomorrow marks the 50th anniversary of the release of Funny Face, the iconic American romantic […]
Posted on February 11, 2016 | No CommentsNine years ago today, on a freezing cold February day (like today), GVSHP and hundreds of […]
Posted on February 9, 2016 | No CommentsAs regular readers of “Off the Grid” will know, one of many ways GVSHP has […]
Posted on February 5, 2016 | No CommentsAs one of the oldest surviving houses in Manhattan, 57 Sullivan Street has born witness […]
Posted on February 3, 2016 | 1 CommentTomorrow marks the 40th anniversary of the release of Next Stop, Greenwich Village. Many movies, […]