Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Jared Kushner’s (Preservation) Record: The Donald has been getting a lot of attention lately, what with his running for ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 11, 2015 | 1 CommentThe City’s rezoning proposals ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ (ZQA) and Mandatory Inclusionary Housing (MIH) […]
Posted on December 11, 2015 | No CommentsThe City’s rezoning proposals ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ (ZQA) and Mandatory Inclusionary Housing (MIH) […]
Posted on December 9, 2015 | No CommentsIn June, 2015 GVSHP was proud to award Barbara Shaum a Village Award. We are […]
Posted on December 4, 2015 | No CommentsWant to help? Attend the City Council public hearings at City Hall on Tuesday February 9 […]
Posted on November 25, 2015 | No CommentsThis has been no small year for preservation in New York City, and we at […]
Posted on November 24, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the Landmarks50 celebration with a look at another individual landmark in our neighborhood, […]
Posted on November 23, 2015 | 2 CommentsWant to help? Attend the City Council public hearings at City Hall on Tuesday February 9 […]
Posted on November 19, 2015 | 1 CommentTom Bernardin has been a good friend to GVSHP for some time. And it’s safe […]
Posted on November 18, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue celebrating Landmarks50 with a look at individual landmarks in our neighborhood. Yesterday we […]
Posted on November 17, 2015 | 2 CommentsNow home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in […]