Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The House of Death: 14 West 10th Street is a Greek Revival house near Washington Square Park with a ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 31, 2016 | 1 CommentIf you are one of the over 100,000 people a day that make your way through […]
Posted on March 30, 2016 | 6 CommentsWe recently published a detailed report of the Federal style houses which GVSHP has helped […]
Posted on March 29, 2016 | 1 CommentFive hundred years ago today, on March 29, 1516, the Venice Ghetto was established by […]
Posted on March 25, 2016 | No CommentsTomorrow will mark one year since the tragic gas explosion on Second Avenue and 7th […]
Posted on March 23, 2016 | No CommentsThe first theatrical presentation at the Cherry Lane Playhouse (now the Cherry Lane Theatre) opened […]
Posted on March 22, 2016 | No CommentsThis has to be the most frequently asked question that we get regarding landmarked properties. […]
Posted on March 21, 2016 | No CommentsFour years ago today, the South Village was named to the Preservation League of New York […]
Posted on March 16, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP is excited to share our oral history collection with the public, and hope they will […]
Posted on March 15, 2016 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]