Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 8, 2016 | No CommentsHave you heard about the exciting progress on the restoration of the beautiful mosaic-covered lamp poles as […]
Posted on July 7, 2016 | No CommentsThis is part 3 in a series discussing the Village’s role in the development of […]
Posted on July 5, 2016 | 2 CommentsNew York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born […]
Posted on July 1, 2016 | 2 CommentsGreenwich Village, the East Village and NoHo offer a vast array of architectural styles that […]
Posted on June 29, 2016 | No CommentsYou might think modern-day New York’s streets and sidewalks are a little grimy, but they’re […]
Posted on June 28, 2016 | No CommentsDid you see the recent letter by the owner of Three Lives Books? The building […]
Posted on June 27, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP holds events with the Jefferson Market Library and the Jefferson Market Garden several times […]
Posted on June 23, 2016 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on June 22, 2016 | No CommentsOn this day in 1984, the movie The Pope of Greenwich Village was released in […]
Posted on June 17, 2016 | 1 CommentI burn my candle at both ends, It will not last the night. But ah, […]