Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on April 1, 2015 | 1 CommentIt was just shy of a month ago, on March 5, that a forum called […]
Posted on March 30, 2015 | No CommentsNominations are now open for the 2015 Annual Village Awards. This year’s Awards will be […]
Posted on March 27, 2015 | No CommentsThe Mayor’s proposed citywide rezoning proposal, ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ will weaken neighborhood zoning […]
Posted on March 24, 2015 | No CommentsA limited number of tickets are still available to GVSHP’s Brokers Partnership Comedy Night. Tonight’s […]
Posted on March 23, 2015 | No CommentsOne hundred nineteen years ago today, on March 23, 1896, a law introduced by New […]
Posted on March 19, 2015 | 1 CommentIt’s easy to see, from the many blogs devoted to the subject, that New Yorkers […]
Posted on March 18, 2015 | No CommentsBuilt in 1886, today marks Webster Hall’s seventh anniversary as a NYC landmark. According to […]
Posted on March 12, 2015 | No CommentsGVSHP is marking March, Women’s History Month, with some great public programs. But today I […]
Posted on March 11, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on March 10, 2015 | No CommentsPRESERVATION ALERT: New City Proposal Would Slash Neighborhood Zoning Protections; Hard-Fought-For Height Limits Would Be […]