Browse By Neighborhood
- A ‘Greenwich Village Stories’ Walking Tour of the East Village: This is the latest installment of Off the Grid’s series, “Greenwich Village Stories,” in which...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- John Sloan’s Village: Today marks the 142nd birthday of artist John Sloan. Sloan worked as an painter and...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 11, 2014 | No CommentsThis is the latest installment of Off the Grid’s series, “Greenwich Village Stories,” in which […]
Posted on March 6, 2014 | No CommentsWhen the building at 150 Barrow Street, known as the Keller Hotel building, was landmarked […]
Posted on March 5, 2014 | No CommentsIf you haven’t already read it, the Times reported last week on the recent completion […]
Posted on March 4, 2014 | No CommentsAnita Lo serves two of the things people need most: food and stories. Chef and […]
Posted on February 28, 2014 | 1 CommentSo there I was, innocently paging through the New York Times Real Estate section this […]
Posted on February 27, 2014 | No CommentsToday as usual I was reading my morning newspaper on the subway. There was a […]
Posted on February 26, 2014 | No CommentsBy the time Mabel Dodge (also known, in recognition of her four husbands, as Mabel […]
Posted on February 23, 2014 | No CommentsOn February 24th, 1975, Led Zeppelin’s double studio album Physical Graffiti was unleashed upon the […]
Posted on February 19, 2014 | 1 CommentWe’d like to share GVSHP staffer Amanda Davis’ “Then & Now” post about a delightful […]
Posted on February 18, 2014 | No CommentsGVSHP works to preserve the architectural and cultural heritage of Greenwich Village, the East Village, […]