Browse By Neighborhood
- A Tale of Two Tenements: 226 & 228 East 6th Street: This week we thought we'd take another look at sister tenements - designed by the...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Community Cornerstones: The Renee and Chaim Gross Foundation: Tucked away on an unassuming block on LaGuardia Place is the former studio and home...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 17, 2014 | No CommentsMany longtime residents of the Village have wondered about the fate of 43 MacDougal Street, […]
Posted on September 15, 2014 | No CommentsCongratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the […]
Posted on September 11, 2014 | No CommentsThis post is part of the Looking Up series, which explores the unique architectural […]
Posted on September 10, 2014 | No CommentsAre you shaking your head sadly again? You know, that doleful tut-tut about the sweet […]
Posted on September 8, 2014 | 1 CommentIt’s been a while since our last Building Broadway post, but that doesn’t mean we’ve […]
Posted on September 5, 2014 | No CommentsGVSHP is pleased to partner with WNYC on this post that spotlights their archival collection. […]
Posted on September 3, 2014 | No CommentsThere are only a few seats left for tomorrow evening’s program with photographer Richard Blair […]
Posted on September 2, 2014 | No CommentsMuch of the Village Voice from the 1950s to the mid-2000s is available to view […]
Posted on August 29, 2014 | No CommentsLabor Day was created as a federal holiday in 1894, and according to the US […]
Posted on August 27, 2014 | No CommentsGVSHP has always been concerned about the status of small businesses, whether they be […]