Browse By Neighborhood
- Places We Love: That Shopable Block, East 9th Street: Today we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Fashion in the Park: With Fashion Week ending yesterday, we thought we’d wrap up our week with a look...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 6, 2013 | No CommentsBack in October, GVSHP worked with our friends and neighbors at GrowNYC, Abingdon Square Conservancy, […]
Posted on December 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsSome surprising good news today about the growth of chain stores in the Village, East […]
Posted on December 3, 2013 | No CommentsToday we thought we’d feature a few designs by the late 19th century architecture firm […]
Posted on December 2, 2013 | No CommentsThis week, our friends at the Jefferson Market Branch Library will host workshops for a […]
Posted on November 27, 2013 | No CommentsAt this time of year, we’re thinking about the many things we’re grateful for, as […]
Posted on November 21, 2013 | No CommentsHere in Greenwich Village, we are surrounded by history. So sometimes when I walk the […]
Posted on November 20, 2013 | No CommentsWe’d like to share former GVSHP staffer Dana Schulz’s “Then & Now” post about a […]
Posted on November 14, 2013 | No CommentsWe here at Off the Grid have often explored the history of the artists’ residence […]
Posted on November 12, 2013 | No CommentsWe hope you and your neighbors can join us tomorrow evening for an important community […]
Posted on November 5, 2013 | No CommentsToday we take a look back at a piece written by former GVSHP staffer Dana […]