Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- King’s Assassination Began Fifteen Year Quest for a National Holiday: Forty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on May 21, 2015 | No CommentsThe new location of the Whitney Museum, near the High Line in the neighborhood known […]
Posted on May 19, 2015 | No CommentsLorraine Vivian Hansberry was born on May 19, 1930. The trailblazing playwright, activist, and Nina […]
Posted on May 14, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on May 13, 2015 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to be a co-sponsor of the New York Landmarks Conservancy’s Sacred Sites […]
Posted on May 8, 2015 | No CommentsLast week, GVSHP had the honor of hosting a public program “100 Years of Preservation: […]
Posted on May 4, 2015 | No CommentsYesterday’s 17th Annual GVSHP Benefit Village House Tour and reception was a smashing success. One […]
Posted on April 28, 2015 | No CommentsOkay, everyone, if you’ve been considering joining us for our annual house tour, but haven’t […]
Posted on April 24, 2015 | No CommentsThe organic food movement is no longer just a trend, but a necessity for many […]
Posted on April 23, 2015 | No CommentsIt’s that blooming, buoyant, too-brief time of year again, when flowers abound – particularly, this […]