Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Farewell to Al Orensanz, a Lower East Side Cultural Hero: Today GVSHP pays its respects to Al Orensanz, the Director of the Angel Orensanz Foundation ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 27, 2016 | No CommentsA year ago today, Bert Waggott passed away, surrounded by loved ones. Bert was a […]
Posted on July 20, 2016 | No CommentsLast night, Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation, alongside the Neighborhood Preservation Center and Village […]
Posted on July 18, 2016 | 1 CommentWant to build higher than you are allowed under existing rezoning? Or operate a gas […]
Posted on July 15, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on July 14, 2016 | No CommentsSinger-songwriter Woody Guthrie was born on this day 104 years ago. Although he passed away […]
Posted on June 28, 2016 | No CommentsDid you see the recent letter by the owner of Three Lives Books? The building […]
Posted on June 27, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP holds events with the Jefferson Market Library and the Jefferson Market Garden several times […]
Posted on June 23, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on June 21, 2016 | No CommentsHappy Pride Week! Each June during the week leading up to the Gay Pride March, NYC […]