Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Doors at the Fillmore East: Forty-six years ago on Saturday, the legendary rock band The Doors performed at the East Village's ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 29, 2016 | No CommentsSince 1976, the United States has celebrated Black History Month, also called African-American History Month, […]
Posted on January 27, 2016 | 1 CommentToday marks the two year passing of folk music legend Pete Seeger. Seeger was an […]
Posted on January 25, 2016 | No CommentsThis is the third part of a three part series on the Weehawken Street Historic […]
Posted on January 21, 2016 | 1 CommentThis is the second part of a three part series on the Weehawken Street Historic […]
Posted on January 11, 2016 | 1 CommentThis is the first part of a three part series on the Weehawken Street Historic […]
Posted on January 8, 2016 | 4 CommentsDesignated on November 14, 2006, 159 Charles Street is significant as a relatively rare surviving […]
Posted on January 7, 2016 | No CommentsHappy New Year! Tomorrow will mark my four month anniversary working for GVSHP and […]
Posted on January 6, 2016 | 1 CommentGVSHP Board of Advisors member Carol Greitzer was very active in the early preservation movement […]
Posted on January 4, 2016 | No CommentsIt’s always nice to start the new year off on a good note. So we were […]
Posted on December 30, 2015 | No CommentsThis post is the third of a three-part series called Histories of Fourth Street, from […]