Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- See You on the Dark Side of the Village!: Forty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on June 29, 2015 | No CommentsFollowing on some groundbreaking events last week – the LPC designation of the Stonewall Inn […]
Posted on June 25, 2015 | 1 CommentOn Tuesday, June 23, The Stonewall Inn, the place where the modern lesbian, gay, bisexual, […]
Posted on June 24, 2015 | No CommentsThere are many reasons to celebrate the life of Eleanor Roosevelt, the longest-serving First Lady […]
Posted on June 22, 2015 | No CommentsOn the corner of 12th Street, the highly ornamented 817 Broadway is a visual treat. […]
Posted on June 19, 2015 | No CommentsIn June of 1969, a not uncommon police raid of the gay bar, the Stonewall […]
Posted on June 9, 2015 | 1 CommentOff the Grid is highlighting the winners of GVSHP’s 2015 Village Awards, in the lead up to our June […]
Posted on June 4, 2015 | No CommentsThis year’s Gay Pride Month certainly got off to an auspicious start with the New […]
Posted on June 2, 2015 | No CommentsGVSHP presents free public programs all year long, at various venues throughout the East Village, […]
Posted on May 29, 2015 | No CommentsOne hundred and two years ago today, on May 29th, 1913, the revolutionary musical and […]
Posted on May 26, 2015 | 7 CommentsWith our Annual Awards coming up on June 17th, over the next few weeks on […]