Browse By Neighborhood
- Map It! Minetta Street, Lane, and…Place?: We're gearing up for tomorrow's LPC public meeting in which the commissioners will vote to "calendar" the proposed South Village Hi
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on April 16, 2013 | 2 CommentsFive hundred ninety years ago tomorrow, an event took place which, implausibly enough, lead to...
Posted on April 15, 2013 | No CommentsToday marks one hundred and one years since the RMS Titanic sank into the cold...
Posted on April 11, 2013 | No CommentsIf you haven’t already, be sure to reserve your tickets for GVSHP’s 15th Annual Village...
Posted on April 10, 2013 | No CommentsDo you recognize the three-dimensional map in this photo? Hint: half a century ago, the...
Posted on April 5, 2013 | No CommentsThis Sunday, the Season 6 premiere of Mad Men will transport us back to late...
Posted on April 3, 2013 | 2 CommentsGVSHP is proud to be working with PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and...
Posted on April 2, 2013 | No CommentsThe Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation is gearing up for our 15th Annual Village...
Posted on April 1, 2013 | No CommentsFor most, lower Fifth Avenue conjures up images of grand early to mid-20th century apartment...
Posted on March 26, 2013 | 2 CommentsMarch is Women’s History Month; the month-long celebration highlights the accomplishments of women in various...
Posted on March 25, 2013 | No CommentsOne hundred and two years ago today, at approximately 4:40 PM, a fire broke out...