Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 11, 2016 | No CommentsIn the ten years leading up to 2004, the Far West Village along West Street […]
Posted on October 7, 2016 | 1 CommentYesterday we were honored to unveil the latest in our historic Plaque Program at 526 […]
Posted on October 3, 2016 | No CommentsIf you get GVSHP’s monthly program brochure in your mailbox, you may have noticed something […]
Posted on September 29, 2016 | No CommentsLet’s talk about…gentrification. Did your heart just start racing? The term gentrification and its many […]
Posted on September 26, 2016 | No CommentsAutumn is in the air here in the Village! As the leaves start to change […]
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 1 CommentIt’s no secret that the Village has changed. However, due to rising demand for real […]
Posted on September 12, 2016 | No CommentsWhere can you enjoy the best of Greenwich Village bars, restaurants, and shops, all in […]
Posted on September 9, 2016 | No CommentsWith a raft of demolition permits in the air, it reminds us that a year ago […]
Posted on August 31, 2016 | No CommentsOn August 31, 1928, Bertolt Brecht’s The Threepenny Opera premiered in Berlin.
Posted on August 30, 2016 | No CommentsIt’s “back to school” time again, when the temperatures drop (very slightly), students flood back […]