Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 9, 2015 | No CommentsFirst off, this is our 1,100th blog post! Be sure to click on the blue […]
Posted on March 5, 2015 | 1 CommentIf you love walking our Village streets, chances are you’ve come across the neglected little […]
Posted on March 3, 2015 | No CommentsIt was on March 3, 1967, that Ingrid and Sven Bernhard purchased the lot at […]
Posted on March 2, 2015 | No CommentsFamed Rock n Roll legend and Greenwich Village icon, Lou Reed, would have turned 73 […]
Posted on February 26, 2015 | 1 CommentI have often noticed these old drinking fountains on historic buildings – there is one […]
Posted on February 24, 2015 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we […]
Posted on February 20, 2015 | No CommentsWe have been busy here at GVSHP! We started the year with a program by […]
Posted on February 18, 2015 | 1 Comment18 years ago, GVSHP had the privilege of recording an oral history interview with early […]
Posted on February 13, 2015 | No CommentsValentine’s Day is almost here with almost no time left to waste! Due to the […]
Posted on February 12, 2015 | No CommentsCall him the preservationist’s preservationist: Anthony C. Wood has not only built a distinguished career […]