Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Makari: Your input is needed! Today we kick off our new "Business of the Month" feature...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Sullivan Street Playhouse: Gone But Not Forgotten: Today marks the tenth anniversary of the final performance of the off-Broadway hit The Fantasticks...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 26, 2014 | No CommentsIn the spirit of Thanksgiving, we thought that we should share a brief history of […]
Posted on November 21, 2014 | No CommentsWe often hear of historic districts, individual landmarked buildings and State and National Register sites. […]
Posted on November 19, 2014 | No CommentsAs part of GVSHP’s ongoing programming, native New Yorker and world renowned artist Frederick Brosen […]
Posted on November 14, 2014 | No CommentsCan you identify the image in the photo above? On Monday evening, November 17th, we’ll […]
Posted on November 12, 2014 | No CommentsTonight at the Hudson Park Library at 6:30pm, lesbian activist, independent journalist and East Village […]
Posted on November 11, 2014 | No CommentsOff the Grid has explored the many memorials in the Village dedicated to those who […]
Posted on November 10, 2014 | No CommentsBy now, many of you have heard about the controversy over the little house at […]
Posted on November 5, 2014 | 1 CommentThe Village is quiet today, as if enjoying a lull after the storm of elections. […]
Posted on November 4, 2014 | No CommentsAfter a nearly half-century wait, last week the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission finally […]