Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Sullivan Street Tea & Spice Company: Your input is needed! Today we feature our second “Business of the Month" — the first...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- 1980s Tax Photos: Then & Now: For today's post in our Then & Now series, we thought we'd feature a few...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 15, 2014 | No CommentsCongratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the […]
Posted on September 12, 2014 | No CommentsNext Tuesday there will be a panel discussion moderated by GVSHP’s Executive Director Andrew Berman […]
Posted on September 11, 2014 | No CommentsThis post is part of the Looking Up series, which explores the unique architectural […]
Posted on September 10, 2014 | No CommentsAre you shaking your head sadly again? You know, that doleful tut-tut about the sweet […]
Posted on September 9, 2014 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to share a report we commissioned which examines some flaws in New […]
Posted on September 8, 2014 | 1 CommentIt’s been a while since our last Building Broadway post, but that doesn’t mean we’ve […]
Posted on September 5, 2014 | No CommentsGVSHP is pleased to partner with WNYC on this post that spotlights their archival collection. […]
Posted on September 4, 2014 | 4 CommentsLast month reader Mike commented on our Lewis Street post that his aunt lived nearby […]
Posted on September 3, 2014 | No CommentsThere are only a few seats left for tomorrow evening’s program with photographer Richard Blair […]
Posted on September 2, 2014 | No CommentsMuch of the Village Voice from the 1950s to the mid-2000s is available to view […]