Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 24, 2013 | No CommentsF. Scott Fitzgerald, considered one of the greatest American writers of the 20th century and […]
Posted on September 23, 2013 | No CommentsSeptember means back-to-school time for a lot of New Yorkers, and GVSHP is no exception. […]
Posted on September 20, 2013 | 3 CommentsIt was ten years ago this month that the city’s Independent Budget Office (IBO) released […]
Posted on September 19, 2013 | 3 CommentsThe Villager reported today that the Village Voice has vacated its office at 36 Cooper […]
Posted on September 18, 2013 | No CommentsThe Fourth Arts Block will present its tenth annual FAB! Festival on Saturday, September 28, […]
Posted on September 17, 2013 | No CommentsEminent architect Matthew W. Del Gaudio died on September 17, 1960. One of his most […]
Posted on September 16, 2013 | No CommentsNear the southern end of the High Line, the Meatpacking District bustles with designer clothing […]
Posted on September 13, 2013 | No CommentsOn this day in 1907, the RMS Lusitania docked at Pier 54 on the Greenwich […]
Posted on September 12, 2013 | No CommentsFor today’s “Building Broadway” post we thought we’d do things a little differently. With Broadway […]
Posted on September 11, 2013 | No CommentsFor a few days after the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, life in Greenwich […]