Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- See You on the Dark Side of the Village!: Forty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 2, 2015 | No CommentsAll this year we have been celebrating the 50th anniversary of the New York City […]
Posted on December 1, 2015 | No CommentsGreenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation is excited to share our oral history collection with […]
Posted on November 30, 2015 | No Comments4 St. Mark’s Place, also known as the Hamilton-Holly House and current home of Trash […]
Posted on November 25, 2015 | No CommentsThis has been no small year for preservation in New York City, and we at […]
Posted on November 24, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the Landmarks50 celebration with a look at another individual landmark in our neighborhood, […]
Posted on November 23, 2015 | 2 CommentsWant to help? Attend the City Council public hearings at City Hall on Tuesday February 9 […]
Posted on November 20, 2015 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on November 19, 2015 | 1 CommentTom Bernardin has been a good friend to GVSHP for some time. And it’s safe […]
Posted on November 18, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue celebrating Landmarks50 with a look at individual landmarks in our neighborhood. Yesterday we […]