Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- Bergino Baseball Clubhouse: This is the first in a series of “Doing Business in the Village” blog posts...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 23, 2014 | 2 CommentsThe Hamilton Fish House is a stately home located on lovely Stuyvesant Street in the […]
Posted on September 22, 2014 | 1 CommentThis Thursday evening, September 25, we will present the third program in our series “OMG!: […]
Posted on September 19, 2014 | 1 CommentPerhaps one of the most frequent questions we here at GVSHP get from the public […]
Posted on September 18, 2014 | 1 CommentNow in its fourth home, the St. Mark’s Bookshop has become a kind of movable […]
Posted on September 17, 2014 | No CommentsMany longtime residents of the Village have wondered about the fate of 43 MacDougal Street, […]
Posted on September 16, 2014 | No CommentsNext in the Map It! series is 7th Street Place, aka Leandert’s Place and St. […]
Posted on September 15, 2014 | No CommentsCongratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the […]
Posted on September 12, 2014 | No CommentsNext Tuesday there will be a panel discussion moderated by GVSHP’s Executive Director Andrew Berman […]
Posted on September 11, 2014 | No CommentsThis post is part of the Looking Up series, which explores the unique architectural […]
Posted on September 10, 2014 | No CommentsAre you shaking your head sadly again? You know, that doleful tut-tut about the sweet […]