Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Tenement House Act of 1901: April 12, 1901 marks the date when the New York State Legislature's passed the Tenement ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 10, 2011 | No CommentsThis past Wednesday, representatives from the City’s Department of Transportation (DOT) came before Community Board […]
Posted on March 9, 2011 | 2 CommentsEach year, in anticipation of our annual house tour, we scour the Village in search […]
Posted on March 8, 2011 | No CommentsIn chipping away at the gargantuan task of researching the history of all the buildings […]
Posted on March 7, 2011 | 6 CommentsToday is a day of highs and lows in the preservation world. As we chronicle the […]
Posted on March 7, 2011 | 2 CommentsEV Grieve sends some sad news from the East Village today, where 326 & 328 […]
Posted on March 3, 2011 | 4 CommentsThe locations of sites around the Village portrayed in Edward Hopper’s works have been hotly […]
Posted on March 2, 2011 | 1 CommentWhen the Remember the Triangle Fire Coalition asked the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation […]
Posted on March 1, 2011 | 2 CommentsResearching the history of a building – as we’re doing for thousands in the East […]