Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Jared Kushner’s (Preservation) Record: The Donald has been getting a lot of attention lately, what with his running for ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 26, 2015 | No CommentsAt this time last year, the Metropolitan Opera was aflame in controversy about an opera […]
Posted on October 23, 2015 | No CommentsFour years ago this Sunday, the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) voted unanimously […]
Posted on October 22, 2015 | 1 CommentWe celebrate Landmarks50 by taking a look at Joseph Papp Public Theater (often referred to […]
Posted on October 21, 2015 | No Comments“You don’t have to be Jewish to love Levy’s real Jewish rye,” was the slogan […]
Posted on October 20, 2015 | No CommentsEver since the Stonewall designation back in June, the push for designating LGBT sites around […]
Posted on October 19, 2015 | No CommentsOn this day, October 19, in 1950, the great poet Edna St. Vincent Millay died […]
Posted on October 16, 2015 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on October 15, 2015 | No CommentsGreenwich Village in the early 19th century had a varied mix of racial communities living […]
Posted on October 14, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Landmarks Law by learning about […]
Posted on October 13, 2015 | 1 CommentAs part of NYCLandmarks50, the celebration of this year’s 50th Anniversary of the NYC Landmarks […]