Browse By Neighborhood
- A Sad Farewell to Joe’s Dairy: After 60 years, Joe’s Dairy, a small South Village institution specializing in fresh mozzarella (plain, salted, and smoked) will cl
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on August 16, 2012 | 5 CommentsDo you know where this building is located? One of the most well known...
Posted on August 15, 2012 | No CommentsSo, why do we start this blog post with a photo of the Municipal Building...
Posted on August 13, 2012 | No CommentsDon’t let this title confuse you- it’s the magic of Hollywood! GVSHP’s favorite prohibition-era series...
Posted on August 10, 2012 | 2 CommentsA 19th century row house on the south side of East 12th Street between Second...
Posted on August 9, 2012 | 2 CommentsAlthough more and more of the research that GVSHP documents and shares is done online...
Posted on August 8, 2012 | 4 CommentsMany people know that the East Village is abundant with Ukrainian restaurants and Eastern European...
Posted on August 7, 2012 | No CommentsNestled in the middle of a block of 11th Street between Avenues A & B...
Posted on August 6, 2012 | No CommentsThe real estate blog Curbed featured a look late last week at the Department of...
Posted on August 3, 2012 | No CommentsEarlier this week, the world noted the passing of Gore Vidal, one of the great...