Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 23, 2013 | No CommentsTalking Point Read the full article here July 18, 2013 BY ANDREW […]
Posted on July 22, 2013 | 2 CommentsThis evening, our friends at the The Wooden House Project, a blog that explores Brooklyn’s […]
Posted on July 19, 2013 | No CommentsMacDougal Alley is one of those hidden enclaves of Greenwich Village that many passersby may […]
Posted on July 18, 2013 | No CommentsLast week Off the Grid featured a story about the 55th Annual Washington Square Music […]
Posted on July 17, 2013 | No CommentsAs everyone keeps their fingers crossed that Con Edison can keep the power flowing during […]
Posted on July 16, 2013 | No CommentsNow that I have your attention, what I have to say isn’t just about pizza. […]
Posted on July 15, 2013 | 1 CommentFor those who don’t know it, the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Holy Virgin Protection […]
Posted on July 12, 2013 | No CommentsIn honor of Bastille Day this Sunday, July 14, we here at Off the Grid […]
Posted on July 11, 2013 | No CommentsOn West 13th Street between Sixth and Seventh Avenues stands a parking garage on the […]
Posted on July 10, 2013 | No CommentsLast night, the 55th Washington Square Music Festival held its first of four free concerts […]