Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 14, 2017 | No CommentsHappy Pi Day! Every year on March 14th is the celebration of the mathematical constant […]
Posted on March 13, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on March 10, 2017 | No CommentsOp-ed by GVSHP Executive Director Andrew Berman in Read it here. To great fanfare, Mayor […]
Posted on March 9, 2017 | No CommentsMarch is Women’s History Month. With the recent “Day Without Women” activities and our upcoming […]
Posted on March 8, 2017 | 1 Comment49 Years Ago Today- On March 8, 1968, the Fillmore East opened at 105 Second Avenue. […]
Posted on March 6, 2017 | No CommentsTen years ago today, three historic structures GVSHP fought to have preserved were designated as […]
Posted on March 3, 2017 | No CommentsWith everything going on in the world, you may have missed a great new resource […]
Posted on March 1, 2017 | No CommentsHistoric Preservation in this country is, in many ways, undergoing a bit of a face […]