Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- James Baldwin and His Greenwich Village: What is it about James Baldwin? This writer, long recognized as an important voice in American...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 22, 2015 | No CommentsThis week marks the 38th anniversary of the landmark designation of the Ottendorfer Branch of […]
Posted on September 21, 2015 | No CommentsYesterday, September 20th, was the 49th anniversary of the landmark designation of the Flatiron Building. […]
Posted on September 18, 2015 | No CommentsAs part of NYCLandmarks50, the celebration of this year’s 50th Anniversary of the NYC Landmarks Law, we […]
Posted on September 17, 2015 | 1 CommentGreenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples […]
Posted on September 16, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on September 15, 2015 | 2 CommentsAs we here at GVSHP have previously discussed, many streets in Greenwich Village bear an […]
Posted on September 14, 2015 | No CommentsA while back on Off the Grid we wrote about some of our favorite theaters. […]
Posted on September 11, 2015 | No CommentsRenowned musician Andy Statman and the Andy Statman Trio will perform in the main sanctuary […]
Posted on September 10, 2015 | 3 CommentsToday is the second installment of a new occasional series, “The Village Seen,” to display […]
Posted on September 9, 2015 | No CommentsOn September 9, 2003, the NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission designated the Gansevoort Market Historic District. […]