Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 17, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on November 16, 2016 | No CommentsThere is an absurdity in the photos and video which depict the event now known […]
Posted on November 15, 2016 | No CommentsWhat makes New York the greatest city in the world? There are many ways to […]
Posted on November 14, 2016 | No CommentsFor over 85 years, the 195 foot tall smokestacks of the Superior Inks building were […]
Posted on November 11, 2016 | No CommentsBuilt in 1936 as the very first public housing development in New York City or […]
Posted on November 10, 2016 | No CommentsThirteen years ago tomorrow, on November 11th, 2003, GVSHP launched our campaign to protect the South […]
Posted on November 9, 2016 | No CommentsWe here at GVSHP work hard to honor, celebrate, and perhaps most importantly learn from […]
Posted on November 8, 2016 | No CommentsToday marks forty-four years since the release of Lou Reed’s classic paean to downtown New […]
Posted on November 7, 2016 | No CommentsThis Thursday, GVSHP will be hosting a program with our October Business of the Month, […]
Posted on November 4, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP has now made available on our website a classic preservation and architectural history resource […]