Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Dog Day Anniversary: The wedding of John Wojtowicz and Ernest Aron (later Elizabeth Eden). Forty -four years ago today ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on August 10, 2016 | No CommentsAs both we and the media have recently reported, two months ago GVSHP requested the […]
Posted on August 9, 2016 | No CommentsSome things never change about New York City life; New Yorkers’ social lives have seemingly […]
Posted on August 8, 2016 | No CommentsOn Wednesday, Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation will be hosting a walking tour on […]
Posted on August 5, 2016 | No CommentsGone but not forgotten, below is a list of just some of the individuals who […]
Posted on August 5, 2016 | No CommentsLongtime GVSHP member Miriam Cahn has called the Village her home for over 45 years. […]
Posted on August 4, 2016 | No CommentsRecently, GVSHP has been reporting on and testifying against the plans for a building to […]
Posted on August 3, 2016 | No CommentsNote: This is an updated version of a post originally written by Drew Durniak On this […]
Posted on August 2, 2016 | No CommentsGreenwich Village is not the only part of the City which defies the New York […]
Posted on August 1, 2016 | No CommentsToday marks the 25th anniversary of the release of the landmark documentary Paris Is Burning. Filmed […]
Posted on July 28, 2016 | 1 CommentToday GVSHP pays its respects to Al Orensanz, the Director of the Angel Orensanz Foundation […]