Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 11, 2015 | No CommentsEveryone knows the iconic Macy’s flagship store on 34th Street and Broadway. But before moving […]
Posted on November 10, 2015 | No CommentsTwelve years ago tomorrow, GVSHP began an initiative to secure historic district designation for the […]
Posted on November 9, 2015 | No CommentsAs part of our continuing Landmarks50 celebration, and in honor of Stanford White’s birthday today […]
Posted on November 6, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the Landmarks50 celebration by taking a look at another individual landmark in our […]
Posted on November 5, 2015 | No CommentsOn Monday, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation hosted a program on the oral […]
Posted on November 4, 2015 | No CommentsOn Monday evening, GVSHP presented a program at the Sixth Street Community Center with our […]
Posted on November 3, 2015 | No CommentsOn the morning of January 31, 1857 the body of Dr. Harvey Burdell was discovered […]
Posted on November 2, 2015 | No CommentsAs part of NYCLandmarks50, the celebration of this year’s 50th Anniversary of the NYC Landmarks […]
Posted on October 30, 2015 | No CommentsLast night GVSHP presented a program at the Jefferson Market Library about the history of […]
Posted on October 29, 2015 | No CommentsAs Halloween is right around the corner, we here at the Greenwich Village Society for […]