Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Jared Kushner’s (Preservation) Record: The Donald has been getting a lot of attention lately, what with his running for ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 8, 2016 | No CommentsHave you heard about the exciting progress on the restoration of the beautiful mosaic-covered lamp poles as […]
Posted on July 7, 2016 | No CommentsThis is part 3 in a series discussing the Village’s role in the development of […]
Posted on July 6, 2016 | No CommentsPart of my job at GVSHP as the Director of Research and Preservation is to […]
Posted on July 5, 2016 | 1 CommentNew York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born […]
Posted on July 1, 2016 | No CommentsGreenwich Village, the East Village and NoHo offer a vast array of architectural styles that […]
Posted on June 30, 2016 | No CommentsOn this day in 1936, David Kenneth Ritz “Dave” Van Ronk was born. Van Ronk was […]
Posted on June 29, 2016 | No CommentsYou might think modern-day New York’s streets and sidewalks are a little grimy, but they’re […]
Posted on June 28, 2016 | No CommentsDid you see the recent letter by the owner of Three Lives Books? The building […]
Posted on June 27, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP holds events with the Jefferson Market Library and the Jefferson Market Garden several times […]
Posted on June 24, 2016 | No CommentsThis past Wednesday marks six years since the designation of the Greenwich Village Historic District […]