Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The House of Death: 14 West 10th Street is a Greek Revival house near Washington Square Park with a ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 21, 2016 | 1 CommentThis is the second part of a three part series on the Weehawken Street Historic […]
Posted on January 20, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on January 19, 2016 | No CommentsAs reported by our allies the Friends of the Upper East Side Historic Districts, the New […]
Posted on January 15, 2016 | No CommentsOn January 17th, 2012, the LPC designated the East 10th Street Historic District. The district includes […]
Posted on January 14, 2016 | No CommentsForty-seven years ago, on January 14th 1969, the Landmarks Preservation Commission concluded that, “On the […]
Posted on January 13, 2016 | No CommentsIn 1985 the MTA founded what was then called Arts for Transit and Urban Design […]
Posted on January 12, 2016 | No CommentsGreenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation is excited to share our oral history collection with […]
Posted on January 11, 2016 | 1 CommentThis is the first part of a three part series on the Weehawken Street Historic […]
Posted on January 8, 2016 | 4 CommentsDesignated on November 14, 2006, 159 Charles Street is significant as a relatively rare surviving […]
Posted on January 7, 2016 | No CommentsHappy New Year! Tomorrow will mark my four month anniversary working for GVSHP and […]