Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Veselka Then and Now: Three years ago today, GVSHP conducted an oral history interview with Veselka owner and GVSHP Trustee ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on May 24, 2016 | No CommentsThree years ago, EV Grieve published a post about the preservationists calling for an archeological […]
Posted on May 23, 2016 | No CommentsToday we welcome Chelsea Dowell to the GVSHP team as Director of Communications and Programming. […]
Posted on May 20, 2016 | No CommentsNote: This is an updated version of a post originally written by Amanda Davis Two […]
Posted on May 19, 2016 | 1 CommentOff the Grid is highlighting the 2016 Village Awards winners in the lead up to the […]
Posted on May 18, 2016 | No CommentsSpringtime has arrived in our wonderful neighborhoods. Many more people are out and about. Locals and […]
Posted on May 17, 2016 | No CommentsNinety two years ago today, dance archivist David Vaughan was born in London, England. Vaughan […]
Posted on May 13, 2016 | No CommentsOff the Grid is highlighting the 2016 Village Awards winners in the lead up to the […]
Posted on May 12, 2016 | 1 CommentEarlier this week the NYU Furman Center, which studies real estate development and urban policies, […]
Posted on May 11, 2016 | 1 CommentEighty years ago today, on May 11, 1936, the old Tredwell house on 4th Street […]
Posted on May 10, 2016 | No CommentsNote: This is an updated version of a post originally by Karen Loew The New York […]