Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- See You on the Dark Side of the Village!: Forty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 27, 2015 | No CommentsGreat Jones Street is located between Lafayette Street and the Bowery and is named for […]
Posted on July 24, 2015 | 1 CommentDavid Bowie’s plastic soul-funk hit “Fame,” his first (and one of only two) American number one […]
Posted on July 23, 2015 | No CommentsI recently read the novella Washington Square for the first time, eager to see how […]
Posted on July 21, 2015 | No CommentsToday there are many ways for us to access the news: radio, print, television and […]
Posted on July 20, 2015 | 1 CommentOn Friday, July 17, 2015, Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation lead tours around the […]
Posted on July 17, 2015 | No CommentsIn the wake of Stonewall’s city landmark designation last month, it is important to look […]
Posted on July 16, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on July 15, 2015 | 1 CommentThe Donald has been in the news quite a bit lately, which is always fun […]
Posted on July 14, 2015 | No CommentsNYCityMap is a user-friendly portal containing various ways to access the wealth of information it […]