Browse By Neighborhood
- A Tale of Two Tenements: 226 & 228 East 6th Street: This week we thought we'd take another look at sister tenements - designed by the...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Community Cornerstones: The Renee and Chaim Gross Foundation: Tucked away on an unassuming block on LaGuardia Place is the former studio and home...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 2, 2014 | No CommentsOp-Ed BY ANDREW BERMAN, Executive Director, Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation October 2, 2014 […]
Posted on October 1, 2014 | No CommentsLast weekend, GVSHP, GrowNYC, and the East Village Parks Conservancy teamed up to create an […]
Posted on September 29, 2014 | No CommentsWhen you’ve been involved in a struggle since last century – 16 long years – […]
Posted on September 26, 2014 | No CommentsThis post is part of the Looking Up series, which explores the unique architectural and […]
Posted on September 25, 2014 | No CommentsFor the next two Sundays, GVSHP is teaming up with GrowNYC and the East Village […]
Posted on September 24, 2014 | No CommentsSince 1912, this site has served as a station house for the NYPD (it replaced […]
Posted on September 23, 2014 | 2 CommentsThe Hamilton Fish House is a stately home located on lovely Stuyvesant Street in the […]
Posted on September 22, 2014 | 1 CommentThis Thursday evening, September 25, we will present the third program in our series “OMG!: […]
Posted on September 19, 2014 | 1 CommentPerhaps one of the most frequent questions we here at GVSHP get from the public […]