Browse By Neighborhood
- A New Plan to Preserve the Small Businesses We Love and Need: Think about the neighborhood where you live, whether West Village or East, Astor Place or...
- What Was Here Before Bagatelle?: Many people know the restaurant Bagatelle located at 1 Little West 12th Street for their lavish brunch...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on June 4, 2015 | No CommentsThis year’s Gay Pride Month certainly got off to an auspicious start with the New […]
Posted on June 3, 2015 | No CommentsIf you’ve been involved in a movement for going on 40 years, you probably have […]
Posted on June 2, 2015 | No CommentsGVSHP presents free public programs all year long, at various venues throughout the East Village, […]
Posted on June 1, 2015 | No CommentsThis is the second of six posts highlighting 2015 Annual Awards recipients. Visit here for more […]
Posted on May 29, 2015 | No CommentsOne hundred and two years ago today, on May 29th, 1913, the revolutionary musical and […]
Posted on May 27, 2015 | No CommentsIn remembering the 150th anniversary of the Lincoln assassination, the Merchant’s House Museum displayed a […]
Posted on May 26, 2015 | 5 CommentsWith our Annual Awards coming up on June 17th, over the next few weeks on […]
Posted on May 22, 2015 | No CommentsJoin us on Wednesday, June 17th for the 35th GVSHP Annual Meeting and 25th Village […]
Posted on May 21, 2015 | No CommentsThe new location of the Whitney Museum, near the High Line in the neighborhood known […]
Posted on May 20, 2015 | No CommentsSince 1912, this site has served as a police station for the NYPD (it replaced […]