Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Jared Kushner’s (Preservation) Record: The Donald has been getting a lot of attention lately, what with his running for ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on June 24, 2016 | No CommentsThis past Wednesday marks six years since the designation of the Greenwich Village Historic District […]
Posted on June 23, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on June 22, 2016 | No CommentsOn this day in 1984, the movie The Pope of Greenwich Village was released in […]
Posted on June 21, 2016 | No CommentsHappy Pride Week! Each June during the week leading up to the Gay Pride March, NYC […]
Posted on June 20, 2016 | No CommentsToday marks the ten year anniversary of the LPC designation of 605 East 9th Street, […]
Posted on June 17, 2016 | No CommentsI burn my candle at both ends, It will not last the night. But ah, […]
Posted on June 16, 2016 | No CommentsA generous GVSHP supporter dropped off a fun treat to our offices a few weeks […]
Posted on June 15, 2016 | No CommentsOn this date in 1904 more than 1,000 New Yorkers perished when their steamboat burst into […]
Posted on June 14, 2016 | No CommentsBeside the Jefferson Market Library and behind the wrought iron fence between 6th and Greenwich […]
Posted on June 13, 2016 | No CommentsGreenwich Village, the East Village and NoHo offer a vast array of architectural styles that […]