Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 20, 2016 | 1 CommentThis past Saturday and Monday, many dedicated souls braved the winter weather to celebrate the […]
Posted on December 19, 2016 | No CommentsQuiz time. How well do you know the great shops selected as part of our Business […]
Posted on December 16, 2016 | No CommentsChristmas is coming early this year! We have been told by the Landmarks Preservation Commission […]
Posted on December 15, 2016 | No CommentsIn these uncertain times, I’m finding it especially useful (and comforting) to remember days gone […]
Posted on December 14, 2016 | No CommentsOn Saturday, December 10, 2016, the extraordinary Patti Smith accepted the Nobel Prize for Literature […]
Posted on December 13, 2016 | No CommentsJoin GVSHP tomorrow night in the main sanctuary of the Museum at Eldridge Street as […]
Posted on December 12, 2016 | 2 CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on December 8, 2016 | No CommentsOne of my favorite two-block sections in Greenwich Village may be an unlikely one – […]
Posted on December 7, 2016 | No CommentsAs mentioned in the GVSHP testimony at the designation hearing for the Sullivan-Thompson historic district, […]