Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- When was my building built? and other tricky research questions: The New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on May 14, 2015 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on May 13, 2015 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to be a co-sponsor of the New York Landmarks Conservancy’s Sacred Sites […]
Posted on May 12, 2015 | No CommentsAn Off the Grid reader contacted us to ask for more background information and history about […]
Posted on May 8, 2015 | No CommentsIn 1984, East Village resident Dan Root took some photographs for a book that a […]
Posted on May 8, 2015 | No CommentsLast week, GVSHP had the honor of hosting a public program “100 Years of Preservation: […]
Posted on May 6, 2015 | No Comments“The Lower East Side is not gone yet,” Ryan Gilliam told the group assembled in […]
Posted on May 5, 2015 | No CommentsReprinted from Gotham Gazette, May 1, 2015. Think of the classic pieces of advice you’ve […]
Posted on May 4, 2015 | No CommentsYesterday’s 17th Annual GVSHP Benefit Village House Tour and reception was a smashing success. One […]
Posted on May 1, 2015 | No CommentsThe weather forecast for this Sunday is beautiful — 70’s and sunny — the perfect […]