Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 14, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Landmarks Law by learning about […]
Posted on October 13, 2015 | 1 CommentAs part of NYCLandmarks50, the celebration of this year’s 50th Anniversary of the NYC Landmarks […]
Posted on October 9, 2015 | No CommentsThis year the city is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Landmarks Law that created […]
Posted on October 8, 2015 | 1 CommentEight years ago today, on October 8, 2007, GVSHP published the report, “The Italians of […]
Posted on October 7, 2015 | No CommentsToday marks the 11th year and anniversary of the Art in Odd Places (AiOP) festival. […]
Posted on October 6, 2015 | No CommentsThere are hundreds of individual landmarks in Manhattan alone – many in Greenwich Village, NoHo, the […]
Posted on October 5, 2015 | No CommentsNew York City is known as one of the art capitals of the world. Art […]
Posted on October 2, 2015 | No CommentsWhat is it about James Baldwin? This writer, long recognized as an important voice in […]
Posted on October 1, 2015 | No CommentsOur latest examination of honorific street names takes us further into the East Village to 1st […]
Posted on September 30, 2015 | No CommentsThe writer we know as Truman Capote was born Truman Streckfus Persons on September 30, […]