Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Business of the Month: Katinka, 303 East 9th Street: Your input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 8, 2016 | No CommentsOne of my favorite two-block sections in Greenwich Village may be an unlikely one – […]
Posted on December 7, 2016 | No CommentsAs mentioned in the GVSHP testimony at the designation hearing for the Sullivan-Thompson historic district, […]
Posted on December 6, 2016 | No CommentsHappy (slightly late) birthday to Greenwich Village resident and long-time GVSHP supporter Calvin Trillin, born […]
Posted on December 5, 2016 | 1 CommentLast Thursday was the official unveiling and dedication of the restored Mosaic Trail poles as part […]
Posted on December 2, 2016 | No CommentsBob Dylan in Sheridan Square The South Village has many reasons to be celebrated these […]
Posted on December 1, 2016 | No CommentsEvery December 1st since 1988 has been marked as World AIDS Day, but this year’s […]
Posted on November 30, 2016 | 1 CommentNeighbors, elected officials and fellow preservation groups turned out in droves yesterday at LPC with […]
Posted on November 29, 2016 | No CommentsThis was originally posted five years ago as part of Off the Grid’s “My Favorite Things” […]
Posted on November 28, 2016 | No CommentsThe final pieces of the renovation of Astor Place will be unveiled and dedicated tomorrow. […]
Posted on November 23, 2016 | No CommentsOn Monday morning, I was walking up the subway stairs at Union Square thinking, “what […]