Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 19, 2016 | No Comments14 West 10th Street is a Greek Revival house near Washington Square Park with a […]
Posted on October 18, 2016 | 1 CommentIt was 100 years ago this Sunday, October 16th, that Margaret Sanger opened her first family […]
Posted on October 17, 2016 | No CommentsThe year was 1966. Lyndon Baines Johnson was in his second term as president, […]
Posted on October 14, 2016 | No CommentsOn this day in 1961, fashion designer, author, and friend of GVSHP Issac Mizrahi was born […]
Posted on October 13, 2016 | No CommentsIt is autumn time, but a new old garden springs alive again. After many years […]
Posted on October 12, 2016 | No CommentsA significant chapter in the Village’s extensive theater history belongs to The Ridiculous Theatrical Company. […]
Posted on October 11, 2016 | No CommentsIn the ten years leading up to 2004, the Far West Village along West Street […]
Posted on October 10, 2016 | No CommentsThis series shines a light on the important things we’re achieving together in Greenwich Village, […]
Posted on October 7, 2016 | 1 CommentYesterday we were honored to unveil the latest in our historic Plaque Program at 526 […]
Posted on October 6, 2016 | No CommentsWhen it comes to modern urban design and planning, perhaps no name figures more prominently […]