Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 11, 2015 | No CommentsHaving recently completed my undergraduate degree in architectural and urban history, I have been exploring […]
Posted on February 10, 2015 | No CommentsToday, the building that houses the Salmagundi Club at 47 Fifth Avenue is a bit […]
Posted on February 9, 2015 | No CommentsWe here at GVSHP are pleased to welcome Sam Moskowitz aboard, whose first day as […]
Posted on February 6, 2015 | No CommentsYesterday, Off the Grid provided a sneak preview into our upcoming February programs to celebrate […]
Posted on February 5, 2015 | No CommentsIn celebration of Black History Month, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation will host […]
Posted on February 4, 2015 | No CommentsNot so long ago, there were 57 community gardens sprinkled along the streets of the […]
Posted on February 3, 2015 | No Comments(This post is part of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of Greenwich […]
Posted on February 2, 2015 | No Comments(This post is part of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of Greenwich […]
Posted on January 30, 2015 | No Comments(This post is part of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of Greenwich […]
Posted on January 29, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our third “Business of the Month” — and we […]