Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Tenement House Act of 1901: Tomorrow marks the 115th anniversary of the New York State Legislature's passage of the Tenement House Act of ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 4, 2017 | No CommentsThe Vesuvio playground, one of the few green spaces in the newly designated Sullivan-Thompson Historic […]
Posted on January 3, 2017 | No CommentsThe newly designated Sullivan Thompson Historic District designation report was posted last week by the […]
Posted on January 2, 2017 | No CommentsIf you’re walking down the sidewalk and see someone with a small notebook, staring up […]
Posted on December 31, 2016 | No Comments2016 is coming to an end. What better way to ring in the New Year […]
Posted on December 30, 2016 | No CommentsThe following is a re-posting of a post by Elizabeth Finkelstein from 2011: Call it whatever you’d […]
Posted on December 29, 2016 | No CommentsThe following is a re-post originally written in 2011: Word that the West Village’s 75 […]
Posted on December 28, 2016 | No CommentsThe following is a re-post originally written by Sheryl Woodruff in 2011: The New York […]
Posted on December 27, 2016 | No CommentsIn 2015, the City Council passed legislation requiring the City to produce its first-ever comprehensive […]
Posted on December 26, 2016 | No CommentsJUST SIX DAYS LEFT IN 2016! 2016 was a year of incredible accomplishments for GVSHP. Help […]
Posted on December 23, 2016 | No CommentsThe recently landmarked Sullivan-Thompson Historic District is one of the first historic districts in New […]