Browse By Neighborhood
- What’s That Orange Netting On My Neighbor’s Rooftop?: Every so often we get a call or an email here at GVSHP asking about...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Map It! Finding the Lost Stuyvesant Alley: Recently, someone contacted us asking about the location of Stuyvesant Alley, which no longer exists....
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on June 16, 2014 | No CommentsEvery so often we get a call or an email here at GVSHP asking about […]
Posted on June 13, 2014 | 1 CommentOn a hot summer day in the East Village, when your skin is sticky and […]
Posted on June 12, 2014 | 2 CommentsAfter the great Frank O’Hara plaque unveiling earlier this week (you can view video and […]
Posted on June 11, 2014 | 1 CommentGVSHP’s Annual Meeting and Awards are quickly approaching (this coming Monday night from 6:30 to […]
Posted on June 10, 2014 | No CommentsFor fifty-three years, La MaMa E.T.C. has brought amazing theater off, off Broadway and into […]
Posted on June 9, 2014 | No CommentsHere’s a neighborhood old-timer for you. The New York Marble Cemetery, which turns 184 years […]
Posted on June 6, 2014 | No CommentsYou’re invited to a plaque unveiling and festivities honoring Frank O’Hara on Tuesday, June 10 […]
Posted on June 5, 2014 | 1 CommentLocated at 34 Carmine Street between Bleecker and Bedford Streets, Unoppressive Non-Imperialist Bargain Books has […]
Posted on June 4, 2014 | No CommentsRecently, Off the Grid has spotlighted a number of blogs that we like to read […]
Posted on June 3, 2014 | No CommentsIn the old Italian South Village, St. Anthony of Padua church stands on the corner […]