Browse By Neighborhood
- A Tale of Two Tenements: 226 & 228 East 6th Street: This week we thought we'd take another look at sister tenements - designed by the...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Community Cornerstones: The Renee and Chaim Gross Foundation: Tucked away on an unassuming block on LaGuardia Place is the former studio and home...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 22, 2014 | No CommentsThe freestanding house at 121 Charles Street has been in the limelight the last few […]
Posted on July 21, 2014 | No CommentsOK World Cup is over, so now the spotlight is on baseball. It always bothers […]
Posted on July 18, 2014 | No CommentsLocated at 113 East Fourth Street on a through-block lot bound to the north by […]
Posted on July 17, 2014 | No CommentsHere’s an unassuming building with some interesting connections to one of our country’s premiere […]
Posted on July 16, 2014 | No CommentsStreet construction is a constant part of New York life. The jackhammers, the dust, and […]
Posted on July 15, 2014 | No CommentsOK, let’s face, it, nobody likes to talk about or think about sanitation. Well, I […]
Posted on July 14, 2014 | No CommentsFolk icon Woodrow Wilson “Woody” Guthrie would have turned 102 today. He was born in […]
Posted on July 11, 2014 | No CommentsThe image above was taken in 1933. It’s a view looking across Seventh Avenue South, […]
Posted on July 10, 2014 | No CommentsWelcome back to another post in our Throwback Thursday series where we feature everyday scenes […]
Posted on July 9, 2014 | 1 CommentAt the southeast corner of Bowery and East 3rd Street, within the recently designated Bowery […]