Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Veselka Then and Now: Three years ago today, GVSHP conducted an oral history interview with Veselka owner and GVSHP Trustee ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 28, 2016 | No CommentsThe following is a re-post originally written by Sheryl Woodruff in 2011: The New York […]
Posted on December 27, 2016 | No CommentsIn 2015, the City Council passed legislation requiring the City to produce its first-ever comprehensive […]
Posted on December 26, 2016 | No CommentsJUST SIX DAYS LEFT IN 2016! 2016 was a year of incredible accomplishments for GVSHP. Help […]
Posted on December 23, 2016 | No CommentsThe recently landmarked Sullivan-Thompson Historic District is one of the first historic districts in New […]
Posted on December 22, 2016 | No Comments2016 marked the 80th year in the Merchant’s House Museum’s history. While the museum is […]
Posted on December 21, 2016 | No CommentsThis week, we celebrate the life and legacy of Jean-Michel Basquiat, who was born on […]
Posted on December 20, 2016 | 1 CommentThis past Saturday and Monday, many dedicated souls braved the winter weather to celebrate the […]
Posted on December 19, 2016 | No CommentsQuiz time. How well do you know the great shops selected as part of our Business […]
Posted on December 16, 2016 | No CommentsChristmas is coming early this year! We have been told by the Landmarks Preservation Commission […]
Posted on December 15, 2016 | No CommentsIn these uncertain times, I’m finding it especially useful (and comforting) to remember days gone […]