Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 29, 2015 | No CommentsThere are hundreds of individual landmarks in Manhattan alone – many in Greenwich Village, NoHo, the […]
Posted on September 28, 2015 | 1 CommentWhen we think of Art Deco architecture in New York City, what often comes to […]
Posted on September 25, 2015 | No CommentsThe smallest piece of property to ever be privately owned in New York City dates […]
Posted on September 24, 2015 | No CommentsGreenwich Village was the first home of the Ferrer Modern School of New York City. […]
Posted on September 23, 2015 | No CommentsToday is Yom Kippur, so let’s take a look at some East Village buildings that […]
Posted on September 22, 2015 | No CommentsThis week marks the 38th anniversary of the landmark designation of the Ottendorfer Branch of […]
Posted on September 21, 2015 | No CommentsYesterday, September 20th, was the 49th anniversary of the landmark designation of the Flatiron Building. […]
Posted on September 18, 2015 | No CommentsAs part of NYCLandmarks50, the celebration of this year’s 50th Anniversary of the NYC Landmarks Law, we […]
Posted on September 17, 2015 | 1 CommentGreenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples […]
Posted on September 16, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]