Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- King’s Assassination Began Fifteen Year Quest for a National Holiday: Forty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 24, 2015 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we […]
Posted on February 23, 2015 | No CommentsThree years ago today, GVSHP and the Village won an important early victory in the […]
Posted on February 20, 2015 | No CommentsWe have been busy here at GVSHP! We started the year with a program by […]
Posted on February 19, 2015 | No CommentsToday we’d like to wish 203 Prince Street a happy “landmark” birthday. On this day […]
Posted on February 18, 2015 | 1 Comment18 years ago, GVSHP had the privilege of recording an oral history interview with early […]
Posted on February 17, 2015 | No CommentsYou never know what you might stumble upon when walking around the neighborhood. Recently I […]
Posted on February 14, 2015 | No CommentsIn celebration of Valentine’s Day today, we thought we would tip our hats to some […]
Posted on February 13, 2015 | No CommentsValentine’s Day is almost here with almost no time left to waste! Due to the […]
Posted on February 12, 2015 | No CommentsCall him the preservationist’s preservationist: Anthony C. Wood has not only built a distinguished career […]
Posted on February 11, 2015 | No CommentsHaving recently completed my undergraduate degree in architectural and urban history, I have been exploring […]