Browse By Neighborhood
- Memphis on the Hudson: We look at historic buildings and documents a lot here on Off the Grid. Many...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Happy Birthday Electric Lady Studios…: ...what a long, strange trip it's been. Forty-three years ago today, on August 26th, 1970, an...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on June 25, 2014 | No CommentsLast night GVSHP presented a program at the Community Room at Westbeth with author Prof. […]
Posted on June 24, 2014 | No CommentsThey’re next door neighbors, but they could not be more different. One is high-rise and […]
Posted on June 23, 2014 | No CommentsOne year ago today outside the Church of the Village at the corner of Seventh […]
Posted on June 20, 2014 | No CommentsIt was six years ago today that the 101 Avenue A — home to the […]
Posted on June 19, 2014 | 1 CommentWhat could be better on Throwback Thursday than taking a look-see at the advertisements of […]
Posted on June 18, 2014 | No CommentsIt may be a hazy West Village memory now, but there was a time in […]
Posted on June 17, 2014 | No CommentsLast evening, as part of GVSHP’s Annual Meeting, we celebrated the best of Greenwich Village, […]
Posted on June 16, 2014 | No CommentsEvery so often we get a call or an email here at GVSHP asking about […]
Posted on June 13, 2014 | 1 CommentOn a hot summer day in the East Village, when your skin is sticky and […]
Posted on June 12, 2014 | 2 CommentsAfter the great Frank O’Hara plaque unveiling earlier this week (you can view video and […]