Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 26, 2017 | No Comments“Alternative facts” seems to be the buzzword this week, and may become the phrase of […]
Posted on January 25, 2017 | No CommentsIt was 100 years ago on January 23rd that a group of Village bohemians – […]
Posted on January 23, 2017 | No CommentsThe Villages and Noho have long been recognized a breeding ground of activity around civil […]
Posted on January 20, 2017 | No CommentsThe following post was written nearly four years ago by Drew Durniak to salute politician, […]
Posted on January 19, 2017 | No CommentsUncertain times bring a certain amount of anxiety. Concern about the future of our basic […]
Posted on January 18, 2017 | No CommentsCurrently the Skyscraper Museum in Battery Park City is hosting an exhibit “Ten & Taller: […]
Posted on January 17, 2017 | No CommentsBy now the challenges facing small independent local shops are well known. The good news […]
Posted on January 13, 2017 | No CommentsAs 2016 fades into memory, we wanted to look back on all that GVSHP accomplished […]
Posted on January 12, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on January 11, 2017 | No CommentsGVSHP’s recently published Greenwich Village Historic District New Buildings Report for the first time catalogues every new […]