Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Jared Kushner’s (Preservation) Record: The Donald has been getting a lot of attention lately, what with his running for ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on June 13, 2014 | 1 CommentOn a hot summer day in the East Village, when your skin is sticky and […]
Posted on June 12, 2014 | 5 CommentsAfter the great Frank O’Hara plaque unveiling earlier this week (you can view video and […]
Posted on June 11, 2014 | 1 CommentGVSHP’s Annual Meeting and Awards are quickly approaching (this coming Monday night from 6:30 to […]
Posted on June 10, 2014 | 1 CommentFor fifty-three years, La MaMa E.T.C. has brought amazing theater off, off Broadway and into […]
Posted on June 9, 2014 | No CommentsHere’s a neighborhood old-timer for you. The New York Marble Cemetery, which turns 184 years […]
Posted on June 6, 2014 | No CommentsYou’re invited to a plaque unveiling and festivities honoring Frank O’Hara on Tuesday, June 10 […]
Posted on June 5, 2014 | 1 CommentLocated at 34 Carmine Street between Bleecker and Bedford Streets, Unoppressive Non-Imperialist Bargain Books has […]
Posted on June 4, 2014 | No CommentsRecently, Off the Grid has spotlighted a number of blogs that we like to read […]
Posted on June 3, 2014 | 1 CommentIn the old Italian South Village, St. Anthony of Padua church stands on the corner […]
Posted on June 2, 2014 | No CommentsThe 1960’s was a turbulent decade marked by numerous notable murders, assassinations, and attempted assassinations […]