Browse By Neighborhood
- What’s That Orange Netting On My Neighbor’s Rooftop?: Every so often we get a call or an email here at GVSHP asking about...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Map It! Finding the Lost Stuyvesant Alley: Recently, someone contacted us asking about the location of Stuyvesant Alley, which no longer exists....
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on June 13, 2012 | No CommentsStart spreading the news — the City Council’s public hearing on NYU’s massive proposed Village […]
Posted on June 12, 2012 | No CommentsYesterday, the real estate and architecture blog-o-sphere was abuzz with Property Shark’s new interactive timeline, […]
Posted on June 11, 2012 | 1 CommentOn Thursday, June 7, GVSHP presented its 32nd Annual Meeting and 2012 Village Awards. The […]
Posted on June 8, 2012 | 2 CommentsLast evening, 400 guests celebrated the accomplishments of the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation […]
Posted on June 7, 2012 | 1 CommentAt a time when over-development is an ever-present threat in our Village neighborhoods, City Councilmember […]
Posted on June 6, 2012 | 1 CommentCompleted in the spring of this year, the spectacular renovation of the small park at […]
Posted on June 5, 2012 | 1 CommentFourth generation Lower East Side resident Eric Ferrara has always been interested in the history […]
Posted on June 4, 2012 | 3 CommentsArturo’s, best known for its delicious coal-oven pizza, first opened on MacDougal Street in 1957 […]
Posted on June 1, 2012 | No CommentsFoods of New York Tours was unofficially launched in 1998 by Todd Lefkovic, a New […]
Developer Seeks Variances from Board of Standards and Appeals for Rooftop Additions at 329-335 East 9th StreetPosted on May 31, 2012 | 2 CommentsOn June 5 the Board of Standards and Appeals will hold a hearing for variances […]