Browse By Neighborhood
- A Tale of Two Tenements: 226 & 228 East 6th Street: This week we thought we'd take another look at sister tenements - designed by the...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Community Cornerstones: The Renee and Chaim Gross Foundation: Tucked away on an unassuming block on LaGuardia Place is the former studio and home...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on August 17, 2012 | No CommentsBlue Hill, the one-star Michelin rated restaurant located on Washington Place between Washington Square […]
Posted on August 16, 2012 | 5 CommentsDo you know where this building is located? One of the most well known […]
Posted on August 15, 2012 | No CommentsSo, why do we start this blog post with a photo of the Municipal Building […]
Posted on August 13, 2012 | No CommentsDon’t let this title confuse you- it’s the magic of Hollywood! GVSHP’s favorite prohibition-era series […]
Posted on August 10, 2012 | 2 CommentsA 19th century row house on the south side of East 12th Street between Second […]
Posted on August 9, 2012 | 2 CommentsAlthough more and more of the research that GVSHP documents and shares is done online […]
Posted on August 8, 2012 | 4 CommentsMany people know that the East Village is abundant with Ukrainian restaurants and Eastern European […]
Posted on August 7, 2012 | No CommentsNestled in the middle of a block of 11th Street between Avenues A & B […]
Posted on August 6, 2012 | No CommentsThe real estate blog Curbed featured a look late last week at the Department of […]