Browse By Neighborhood
- Alexander Hamilton and the Village: The hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding...
- When was my building built? and other tricky research questions: The New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 30, 2013 | No CommentsNinety years ago, on July 31, 1923, the New York Times featured an article about […]
Posted on July 29, 2013 | No CommentsAs the summer rolls on, we thought we’d take the time to do a little […]
Posted on July 26, 2013 | No CommentsBuilding Broadway is a new series from Off the Grid that highlights the beautiful historic […]
Posted on July 25, 2013 | 1 CommentOn Monday, July 29th, GVSHP, along with our friends at Two Boots, unveils our latest […]
Posted on July 24, 2013 | No CommentsAs New York City contends with the volatile 2013 Mayoral campaign, we note that ninety-three […]
Posted on July 23, 2013 | No CommentsTalking Point Read the full article here July 18, 2013 BY ANDREW […]
Posted on July 22, 2013 | 3 CommentsThis evening, our friends at the The Wooden House Project, a blog that explores Brooklyn’s […]
Posted on July 19, 2013 | No CommentsMacDougal Alley is one of those hidden enclaves of Greenwich Village that many passersby may […]
Posted on July 18, 2013 | No CommentsLast week Off the Grid featured a story about the 55th Annual Washington Square Music […]
Posted on July 17, 2013 | No CommentsAs everyone keeps their fingers crossed that Con Edison can keep the power flowing during […]