Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- Bergino Baseball Clubhouse: This is the first in a series of “Doing Business in the Village” blog posts...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 13, 2013 | No CommentsDo you recognize this location? The building partially visible at left is the only part […]
Posted on March 12, 2013 | No CommentsYesterday, in anticipation of the vote on the Hudson Square rezoning, we took a look […]
Posted on March 11, 2013 | No CommentsWith the important vote on the Hudson Square rezoning by the City Council’s Zoning Subcommittee […]
Posted on March 7, 2013 | No CommentsWell, we’ve been waiting for years — though certainly not waiting patiently or quietly — […]
Posted on March 6, 2013 | No CommentsAustralian artist James Gulliver Hancock began to draw buildings during his travels, allowing him to […]
Posted on March 5, 2013 | 2 CommentsTomorrow, Community Board 3’s Landmarks Subcommittee will hear proposals for changes to two East Village […]
Posted on March 4, 2013 | No CommentsWith the City’s Council’s vote this week on the Hudson Square rezoning, which will decide […]
Posted on March 1, 2013 | No CommentsCheck out this great article “notebook for night owls” from the Village Voice, dated January […]
Posted on February 28, 2013 | 1 CommentOn Monday evening, GVSHP and the New School for Public Engagement hosted a film screening, […]
Posted on February 27, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP’s program this evening, the Art of Exterior Ornamentation: A Talk with the Owners of […]