Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: East Village Cheese: Your input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 11, 2013 | 3 CommentsThis Tuesday, Jeanne Manford died at the age of 92. Sometimes referred to as the […]
Posted on January 10, 2013 | 1 CommentAre you an owner of a landmarked building or someone that files applications through the […]
Posted on January 9, 2013 | No CommentsYesterday’s Board of Standards and Appeals (BSA) hearing on NYU’s variance application for 730 Broadway […]
Posted on January 8, 2013 | 1 CommentYesterday, legendary architecture critic Ada Louise Huxtable died at the age of 91 at Memorial […]
Posted on January 7, 2013 | No CommentsThrough the 1960s and early 1970s, this hand-drawn Greenwich Village map was self-published by the […]
Posted on January 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsOver the summer we told you about the 1959 Greenwich Village Guide book published under […]
Posted on January 3, 2013 | No CommentsThe Meatpacking District—or to preservationists the Gansevoort Market Historic District—was the scene of many a […]
Posted on January 2, 2013 | No CommentsIf you’re a regular at our public programs, you know that two of our scheduled […]
Posted on December 31, 2012 | 1 CommentWalking East 3rd Street is a collaboration between GVSHP and the students in NYU’s Fall […]
Posted on December 28, 2012 | No CommentsWalking East 3rd Street is a collaboration between GVSHP and the students in NYU’s Fall […]