Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- Bergino Baseball Clubhouse: This is the first in a series of “Doing Business in the Village” blog posts...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 27, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP’s program this evening, the Art of Exterior Ornamentation: A Talk with the Owners of […]
Posted on February 26, 2013 | No CommentsThis coming March will mark the twenty-sixth anniversary of the founding of ACT UP (AIDS […]
Posted on February 25, 2013 | 4 CommentsNeighborhoods like Greenwich Village contain many houses built for merchant families in the 19th century, […]
Posted on February 22, 2013 | No CommentsTomorrow The New School will hold the second part of its symposium, The Feminine Mystique […]
Posted on February 21, 2013 | No CommentsIn honor of Black History Month, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) has released a list […]
Posted on February 20, 2013 | No CommentsOn this day in 1950, the Welsh poet and writer Dylan Thomas arrived in New […]
Posted on February 19, 2013 | No CommentsThe Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation’s Preservation Archive and Oral History Project was begun […]
Posted on February 18, 2013 | No CommentsAfter many delays and revisions, the New York City Districting Commission has presented its final […]
Posted on February 15, 2013 | 1 CommentFrom The Villager Newspaper, February 14, 2013 Op-Ed: Quinn Holds the Cards on Hudson Square […]
Posted on February 14, 2013 | 1 CommentLast week the design team behind the AIDS Memorial in St. Vincent’s Park presented some […]