Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Happy Birthday Romana Raffetto- Support Your Local Small Businesses!: Happy Birthday to Romana Raffetto, owner of Raffetto's Pasta located at 144 West Houston Street ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 3, 2014 | 1 CommentAny connoisseur of the East Village worth her salt has heard of C-Squat, a tenement […]
Posted on July 2, 2014 | 1 CommentThirty-three years ago this Thursday, on July 3, 1981, the New York Times ran a […]
Posted on July 1, 2014 | No CommentsDo you know what a lot line window is? Could you identify them in the […]
Posted on June 30, 2014 | No CommentsOn June 28, 1914, in a place far away from Greenwich Village, something happened that […]
Posted on June 27, 2014 | No CommentsThis post is part of the Looking Up series, which explores the unique architectural and […]
Posted on June 26, 2014 | No CommentsA neighbor was having a sale last Saturday to clear out bric-a-brac. My trusty companion […]
Posted on June 25, 2014 | No CommentsLast night GVSHP presented a program at the Community Room at Westbeth with author Prof. […]
Posted on June 24, 2014 | 1 CommentThey’re next door neighbors, but they could not be more different. One is high-rise and […]
Posted on June 23, 2014 | No CommentsOne year ago today outside the Church of the Village at the corner of Seventh […]