Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Makari: Your input is needed! Today we kick off our new "Business of the Month" feature...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Sullivan Street Playhouse: Gone But Not Forgotten: Today marks the tenth anniversary of the final performance of the off-Broadway hit The Fantasticks...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 25, 2012 | No CommentsFollowing up on our earlier post discussing public hearings at the Landmarks Preservation Commission, we […]
Posted on October 24, 2012 | No CommentsPromoting and celebrating local, small businesses in the neighborhood has always been a top priority […]
Posted on October 23, 2012 | No CommentsDesignation reports are detailed documents created by New York City’s Landmarks Preservation Commission at the […]
Posted on October 22, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow will be our one and only chance to speak directly to the City Council […]
Posted on October 19, 2012 | 1 CommentToday marks the anniversary of the opening of the first Blockbuster store in the country […]
Posted on October 18, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope that you can join us for our upcoming event Reel Rockers: Come ‘Get […]
Posted on October 17, 2012 | No CommentsLast Tuesday, October 9th, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) designated the East Village/Lower East Side […]
Posted on October 16, 2012 | No CommentsToday is the one hundred and fifty-eighth birthday of the Irish writer Oscar Fingal O’Flahertie […]
Posted on October 15, 2012 | 1 CommentWhen you’ve been living in, working in, and researching the East Village for many years […]
Posted on October 12, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow, Saturday, October 13th, the Public Theater at 425 Lafayette Street (off Astor Place) will […]