Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 6, 2013 | No CommentsAs GVSHP highlighted several years ago now, the site at 152 2nd Avenue between East […]
Posted on February 5, 2013 | No CommentsA recent report by Crain’s New York that a number of hotels were opening in […]
Posted on February 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsTomorrow evening GVSHP will be holding a special event at one of the East Village’s […]
Posted on February 1, 2013 | 1 CommentToday we note the passing of Edward I. Koch, Mayor of New York City from […]
Posted on February 1, 2013 | No CommentsFrom the January 31, 2013 issue of The Villager. Noho and Soho’s firewall against N.Y.U. […]
Posted on January 31, 2013 | 4 CommentsTomorrow, February 1, Grand Central Terminal will celebrate its Centennial. A year-long celebration of events […]
Posted on January 29, 2013 | No CommentsOff the Grid has featured many posts about some of the place names within Greenwich […]
Posted on January 28, 2013 | No CommentsYesterday, after years of renovation work, St. Brigid’s church on Avenue B and East 8th […]
Posted on January 25, 2013 | No CommentsOn Wednesday the City Planning Commission voted to approve the proposed Hudson Square Rezoning with […]
Posted on January 24, 2013 | No CommentsReaders of Off the Grid should be familiar with the many preservation victories Greenwich Village […]