Browse By Neighborhood
- Community Cornerstones: Penny Jones & Co. Puppets: We here at Off the Grid have often explored the history of the artists' residence...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- 33 MacDougal Alley, the Lost Studio of Isamu Noguchi: MacDougal Alley is one of those hidden enclaves of Greenwich Village that many passersby may...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 2, 2011 | No CommentsThis past weekend we were caught off guard when Jack Frost paid us a visit […]
Posted on November 1, 2011 | No CommentsWe hope that everyone had a safe, fun, and sugar-filled Halloween! To close out the […]
Posted on October 31, 2011 | No CommentsWith today being Halloween, we thought we would take a look at … dead bodies […]
Posted on October 29, 2011 | No CommentsFormer 13th Street crack house may become housing for homeless LGBT youth (EV Grieve) Cooper […]
Posted on October 29, 2011 | No CommentsJeremiah’s Vanishing New York has more on disappearing newsstands High Line gets record $20 million […]
Posted on October 27, 2011 | 1 CommentEarlier this week, we were thrilled to announce that Westbeth – the country’s first subsidized […]
Posted on October 26, 2011 | 3 CommentsToday, Off the Grid features the second entry in a new series, “My Favorite Things,” in which we […]
Posted on October 26, 2011 | No CommentsFormer Harry Chong Chinese Laundry space for rent again (Jeremiah’s Vanishing New York) Epic rooftop […]
Posted on October 26, 2011 | No CommentsChristadora apartment on the market for first time in 17 years (EV Grieve) Chelsea developer […]
Posted on October 25, 2011 | 1 CommentTake a walk around the Village and you’ll certainly notice all of the festive Halloween […]