Browse By Neighborhood
- Alexander Hamilton and the Village: The hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding...
- Save the Village!: That’s the name of Tim McDarrah’s new walking tours. The tours are based on the...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on June 24, 2013 | 1 CommentYesterday the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation, Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and […]
Posted on June 21, 2013 | No CommentsWe’re gearing up for the Landmarks Preservation (LPC) hearing about “Phase II” of the proposed […]
Posted on June 20, 2013 | No CommentsLately we’ve been receiving emails asking about what’s happening at 688 Broadway in NoHo, which […]
Posted on June 19, 2013 | 6 CommentsThe Landmarks Preservation Commission has recently begun creating on-line slide shows to showcase various history […]
Posted on June 18, 2013 | No CommentsThank you to everyone who joined us last night as we celebrated our 33rd Annual […]
Posted on June 17, 2013 | No CommentsTonight, GVSHP will present our Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony. This evening will look back […]
Posted on June 14, 2013 | 4 CommentsWhile Bil Baird may not be a household name today, his legacy lives on across […]
Posted on June 13, 2013 | No CommentsThe East Village has seen many changes over the last twenty years, but perhaps none […]
Posted on June 12, 2013 | 1 CommentAs the city’s and nation’s economy works through its slow recovery, the New York public […]
Posted on June 11, 2013 | 2 CommentsLast week I wrote about one of my favorite spots in the South Village, the […]