Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 20, 2015 | 1 CommentOn April 19, 1965 that the New York City Landmarks Law went into effect. GVSHP […]
Posted on January 16, 2015 | 1 CommentThis post is the third in a three-part series about holidays held in the Village, […]
Posted on January 15, 2015 | 1 CommentThis post is the second in a three-part series about holidays held in the Village, […]
Posted on January 14, 2015 | No CommentsThis post is the first in a three-part series about holidays held in the Village, […]
Posted on January 13, 2015 | 1 Comment(This post is part of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of Greenwich […]
Posted on January 12, 2015 | 1 Comment(This post is part of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of Greenwich […]
Community Board Public Hearing on GVSHP’s University Place/Broadway Corridor Rezoning Proposal Jan. 14Posted on January 9, 2015 | 1 CommentCommunity Board #2 will be holding a public hearing next Wednesday, January 14th at 6:30 […]
Posted on January 8, 2015 | 2 CommentsChristopher Street is the place most of us look to when it comes to LGBTQ […]
Posted on January 7, 2015 | No CommentsZONING MATTERS: REZONED WEST VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT SITE WOULD HAVE ALLOWED HUGE TOWER, NOW MARKETED FOR […]
Posted on January 6, 2015 | 2 CommentsThe exact date is impossible to confirm. But it is widely accepted that Bob Dylan […]