Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Barbara Shaum, 1929-2015: In June, 2015 GVSHP was proud to award Barbara Shaum a Village Award. We are ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on May 19, 2014 | No CommentsThis past fall, GVSHP launched a new oral history project. This ongoing project was developed […]
Posted on May 16, 2014 | 1 CommentAs Mayor De Blasio slowly fills the many leadership positions in a mammoth city government, […]
Posted on May 15, 2014 | No CommentsOne of the questions we’re asked every so often here at GVSHP is whether or […]
Posted on May 14, 2014 | 1 CommentThis week and next mark two pretty important punk rock birthdays. The two celebrants straddle […]
Posted on May 13, 2014 | No CommentsThis is part of the Looking Up series of posts, which explore the unique architectural […]
Posted on May 12, 2014 | No CommentsWe’ve been reviewing some of the blogs that we here at Off the Grid like […]
Posted on May 9, 2014 | 1 CommentDo the tall arches of the sturdy red-brick Anthology Film Archives reassure you? Does the […]
Posted on May 8, 2014 | No CommentsIt was eight years ago today on May 8, 2006 that GVSHP was honored with […]
Posted on May 7, 2014 | 4 CommentsAs I was walking along East 11th Street recently I happened to notice two tenements […]
Posted on May 6, 2014 | No CommentsThis week we have two milestone anniversaries that relate to my old stomping grounds, Carmine […]