Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Sullivan Street Tea & Spice Company: Your input is needed! Today we feature our second “Business of the Month" — the first...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- 1980s Tax Photos: Then & Now: For today's post in our Then & Now series, we thought we'd feature a few...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 23, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now that the holiday season is underway, we […]
Posted on November 21, 2012 | No CommentsOn November 22, 1918, the first performances were staged at the Village’s renowned Provincetown Playhouse […]
Posted on November 20, 2012 | No CommentsMany of us have a lot to be thankful for this year- our safety and […]
Posted on November 19, 2012 | No CommentsIt’s easy to see much of the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy. But one of […]
Posted on November 16, 2012 | No CommentsWhile we’re not yet technically at the ‘silver’ (i.e. 25th) anniversary, this Sunday will mark […]
Posted on November 15, 2012 | 1 Comment“Brownstones occupy a unique place in the New York psyche, as one of the city’s […]
Posted on November 14, 2012 | No CommentsThis morning, just before Appalachian Spring played on the radio, I learned that today would […]
Posted on November 13, 2012 | No CommentsEach December GVSHP teams up with students in the Introduction to Public History course in […]
Posted on November 12, 2012 | No CommentsAfter riding out the week of Hurricane Sandy at home in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, as the […]
Posted on November 9, 2012 | No CommentsAs GVSHP recently announced, the Hudson Square rezoning application is now on the desk of […]