Browse By Neighborhood
- Map It! Minetta Street, Lane, and…Place?: We're gearing up for tomorrow's LPC public meeting in which the commissioners will vote to "calendar" the proposed South Village Hi
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on June 27, 2011 | No CommentsLiquor Panel Deadlocks on 34 Avenue A (Local EV) New Mural on Houston Street Replaces...
Posted on June 27, 2011 | No CommentsHudson River Park Group Focuses on Fund-Raising (NY Times) Christopher Street Bartender Beaten in PATH...
Posted on June 24, 2011 | No CommentsThis is post #5 in a series devoted to our ongoing research of 143-145 Ave...
Posted on June 23, 2011 | 2 CommentsGVSHP and neighbors have long suspected that there might be squatters living inside 43 MacDougal...
Posted on June 22, 2011 | No CommentsWe were – to put it calmly – a tad bothered when we read recently...
Posted on June 21, 2011 | 13 CommentsWord that the West Village’s 75 1/2 Bedford Street is back on the market always...
Posted on June 19, 2011 | No CommentsLower Second Avenue Now & Then (EV Grieve) In the East Village, Where Have All...
Posted on June 18, 2011 | No CommentsBest Oyster Happy Hours in the West Village (NearSay) New Consignment Shop on East 7th...
Posted on June 17, 2011 | No CommentsWhat does a beloved TV sitcom mom, Ike and Tina Turner, and one bad motha...