Browse By Neighborhood
- Places We Love: That Shopable Block, East 9th Street: Today we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Fashion in the Park: With Fashion Week ending yesterday, we thought we’d wrap up our week with a look...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 20, 2011 | No CommentsJim Carrey may be the latest celeb to buy in 176 Perry (Curbed) In 1951 […]
Posted on October 19, 2011 | No CommentsAN IMPORTANT REMINDER: TOMORROW NIGHT COMMUNITY BOARD #2 WILL BE HOLDING A PUBLIC HEARING AND […]
Posted on October 19, 2011 | 4 CommentsTough decision, I know. Luckily, in the East Village/Lower East Side, you don’t have to […]
Posted on October 18, 2011 | 1 CommentCBGB’s, the legendary rock club on the Bowery and Bleecker closed its doors five years […]
Posted on October 14, 2011 | 2 CommentsSince 1999, GVSHP’s office has been housed on the second floor of the Neighborhood Preservation […]
Posted on October 13, 2011 | 1 CommentOver the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215 […]
Posted on October 13, 2011 | No CommentsFacing eviction, Village Scandal holding sale to pay for legal fees (EV Grieve) Looking at […]
Posted on October 13, 2011 | No CommentsAfter 13 years Babbo is still popular, and neighbors don’t like it (Gothamist) Curbed reports […]
Posted on October 13, 2011 | No CommentsDessert Club Chikalicious welcomes in fall with new sweets (Serious Eats) Grade A restaurants are […]
Posted on October 12, 2011 | 2 CommentsIn an article from the October issue of O Magazine actress Katie Holmes declares, “I […]