Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Makari: Your input is needed! Today we kick off our new "Business of the Month" feature...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Sullivan Street Playhouse: Gone But Not Forgotten: Today marks the tenth anniversary of the final performance of the off-Broadway hit The Fantasticks...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on August 29, 2012 | 4 CommentsAs most everyone knows, we’re kind of map and statistics geeks here at Off The […]
Posted on August 28, 2012 | No CommentsIn our continuing efforts to save 186 Spring Street in the South Village, we’ve highlighted […]
Posted on August 27, 2012 | No CommentsAs we have covered in past Off the Grid posts, the South Village building at 186 […]
Posted on August 24, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you can join us for our upcoming lecture on Charles B. J. Snyder […]
Posted on August 23, 2012 | No CommentsToday, we think of Times Square when we think of the theatre district, but over […]
Posted on August 22, 2012 | 1 CommentPRESS RELEASE For Immediate Release August 22nd, 2012 EARLY GAY RIGHTS LANDMARK FACES DEMOLITION BUT […]
Posted on August 21, 2012 | 1 CommentThe building from this “Spot the Shot” post is at 229-231 East 12th Street, between […]
Posted on August 20, 2012 | 1 CommentWalk into McSorley’s Old Ale House today and you will see an equal mix of […]
Posted on August 17, 2012 | No CommentsBlue Hill, the one-star Michelin rated restaurant located on Washington Place between Washington Square […]
Posted on August 16, 2012 | 5 CommentsDo you know where this building is located? One of the most well known […]