Browse By Neighborhood
- Places We Love: That Shopable Block, East 9th Street: Today we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Fashion in the Park: With Fashion Week ending yesterday, we thought we’d wrap up our week with a look...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 12, 2011 | 2 CommentsIn an article from the October issue of O Magazine actress Katie Holmes declares, “I […]
Posted on October 11, 2011 | 1 CommentAs GVSHP announced on its blog last Thursday, we will be hosting a fundraiser in […]
Posted on October 10, 2011 | 1 CommentColumbus Day has traditionally served as an opportunity to honor the contributions of Italian-Americans to […]
Posted on October 8, 2011 | No CommentsLooking at the very understated sidewalk canopy and signage at the new IHOP (EV Grieve) […]
Posted on October 8, 2011 | No CommentsSecond floor combo of 165 Perry could all be yours for $6.8 Million (Curbed) What […]
Posted on October 7, 2011 | No CommentsImage via William With all the recent discussions about the triangle site at 7th Avenue […]
Posted on October 6, 2011 | No CommentsYesterday, GVSHP announced that tickets were going on sale for our fall fundraiser, Much Ado […]
Posted on October 5, 2011 | 1 CommentThis secluded alley of beautiful pre-Civil War homes made recent real estate headlines when one […]
Posted on October 4, 2011 | 2 CommentsOctober has arrived, which means it’s time for another round of the Greenwich Village Follies, […]
Posted on October 4, 2011 | No CommentsEV Grieve checks out the 3-level penthouse at the Brownstone East Village Complex puts together […]