Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 26, 2012 | No CommentsWalking East 3rd Street is a collaboration between GVSHP and the students in NYU’s Fall […]
Posted on December 24, 2012 | 1 CommentWalking East 3rd Street is a collaboration between GVSHP and the students in NYU’s Fall […]
Posted on December 21, 2012 | No CommentsTwo weeks ago, Off the Grid featured a notice announcing the lighting of the tree […]
Posted on December 20, 2012 | No CommentsThis year has seen some tremendous successes and some huge challenges for GVSHP. Next year promises […]
Posted on December 18, 2012 | No CommentsWorking in historic preservation you sometimes find yourself dealing with things you never expect. On […]
Posted on December 17, 2012 | 3 CommentsRecently someone asked me about a building he walked by in the East Village. Showing […]
Posted on December 14, 2012 | No CommentsWith the holiday season upon us, it’s good to know that GVSHP offers a variety […]
Posted on December 13, 2012 | No CommentsThis image from the GVSHP Archive features an idyllic view of people gathering on the […]
Posted on December 11, 2012 | No CommentsToday marks the last day in 2012 of public hearings for the Landmarks Preservation Commission […]
Posted on December 10, 2012 | 1 CommentRecently, our friends over at EV Grieve posted a great then-and-now of the southwest corner […]