Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- James Baldwin and His Greenwich Village: What is it about James Baldwin? This writer, long recognized as an important voice in American...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 2, 2013 | No CommentsOn the last Sunday of June, since 1970, the New York City LGBT community has […]
Posted on July 1, 2013 | 1 CommentOn this particularly rainy Monday, an image of Gene Kelly singin’ and dancin’ in the […]
Posted on June 28, 2013 | 3 CommentsOn Avenue C between 9th and 10th Streets sits a small, unassuming two-story garage. Chances […]
Posted on June 27, 2013 | 1 CommentOn Monday evening I attended the Jefferson Market Garden Friends’ Annual Garden Party. If you […]
Posted on June 26, 2013 | No CommentsYesterday the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) held its only public hearing on “phase II” of […]
Posted on June 25, 2013 | No CommentsToday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission will be holding a public hearing on the proposed South […]
Posted on June 24, 2013 | 1 CommentYesterday the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation, Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and […]
Posted on June 21, 2013 | No CommentsWe’re gearing up for the Landmarks Preservation (LPC) hearing about “Phase II” of the proposed […]
Posted on June 20, 2013 | No CommentsLately we’ve been receiving emails asking about what’s happening at 688 Broadway in NoHo, which […]
Posted on June 19, 2013 | 6 CommentsThe Landmarks Preservation Commission has recently begun creating on-line slide shows to showcase various history […]