Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Makari: Your input is needed! Today we kick off our new "Business of the Month" feature...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Sullivan Street Playhouse: Gone But Not Forgotten: Today marks the tenth anniversary of the final performance of the off-Broadway hit The Fantasticks...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 12, 2012 | 6 CommentsThe New York Times recently published an amazing article titled “A History of New York […]
Posted on September 11, 2012 | No CommentsToday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) will be hearing the new building application for 27 […]
Posted on September 7, 2012 | No CommentsThis coming Sunday will mark the ninth anniversary of the designation of the Gansevoort Market […]
Posted on September 6, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you can join us for an incredibly important community board public hearing tonight […]
Posted on September 5, 2012 | 2 CommentsThe seminal tome of the Beat generation, Jack Kerouac’s novel, “On the Road,” was published […]
Posted on September 4, 2012 | No CommentsFeeling the end-of-summer/back-to-school blues? Get back in the academic spirit this evening with our free […]
Posted on August 31, 2012 | No CommentsOff the Grid will be going, well, off the grid for the holiday weekend. While […]
Posted on August 30, 2012 | 2 CommentsGVSHP recently received an inquiry from a researcher looking for information about the historic 1966 […]
Posted on August 29, 2012 | 4 CommentsAs most everyone knows, we’re kind of map and statistics geeks here at Off The […]
Posted on August 28, 2012 | No CommentsIn our continuing efforts to save 186 Spring Street in the South Village, we’ve highlighted […]