Browse By Neighborhood
- What’s That Orange Netting On My Neighbor’s Rooftop?: Every so often we get a call or an email here at GVSHP asking about...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Map It! Finding the Lost Stuyvesant Alley: Recently, someone contacted us asking about the location of Stuyvesant Alley, which no longer exists....
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on April 18, 2012 | No CommentsOn Sunday, May 6, GVSHP will present its 14th Annual Village House Tour, a benefit […]
Posted on April 17, 2012 | No CommentsThe Titanic disaster has once again received worldwide attention as we mark the centennial of […]
Posted on April 16, 2012 | 10 CommentsA recent visit to the highly-anticipated Keith Haring exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum, Keith Haring: […]
Posted on April 13, 2012 | No CommentsAs recently reported, the condo construction project at 61 Fifth Avenue (at 13th Street) has […]
Posted on April 12, 2012 | 1 CommentWalking along East 2nd Street, between Avenue A and First Avenue, you might have noticed […]
Posted on April 11, 2012 | 2 CommentsThere’s lots to love about the culture, architecture, and history of the East Village, and the […]
Posted on April 10, 2012 | No CommentsAny restoration of a historic site within our neighborhoods is exciting. But when that project […]
Posted on April 9, 2012 | No CommentsOn April 8 1935, the creation of the Works Progress Administration was approved by Congress […]
Posted on April 5, 2012 | No CommentsAt their March 27th public meeting, the Landmarks Preservation Commission designated four individual landmarks located […]
Posted on April 5, 2012 | 1 CommentImage via Gothamist. It was five years ago today at 86 Bedford Street that a […]