Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- See You on the Dark Side of the Village!: Forty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 27, 2014 | 2 CommentsNo, it’s not the name of a law firm. It’s the names of 3 of […]
Posted on January 24, 2014 | No CommentsIf you love theater in the Village, we think you will enjoy this blog post […]
Posted on January 22, 2014 | No CommentsWe’ve been focusing a lot lately here at Off the Grid on the newly designated […]
Posted on January 21, 2014 | 1 CommentHere at GVSHP, we’ve been poring over the new South Village Historic District designation report, […]
Posted on January 17, 2014 | 3 CommentsOn some level, whether it’s top-of-mind or just part of the mental wallpaper, the consciousness […]
Posted on January 16, 2014 | No CommentsAs you likely know by now, the South Village was designated an official New York […]
Posted on January 15, 2014 | 3 CommentsIf you like wandering around the streets of Greenwich Village and admiring the architecture as […]
Posted on January 14, 2014 | No CommentsFor those familiar with the history of Greenwich Village, the name of author Jane Jacobs […]
Posted on January 13, 2014 | 1 CommentMany of us have known for some time that the former theater at 98 Avenue […]
Posted on January 10, 2014 | No CommentsThis is the first in a series of “Doing Business in the Village” blog posts […]