Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: East Village Cheese: Your input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 7, 2012 | No CommentsTonight’s program, Greenwich Village Catholics: A Lecture by Thomas J. Shelley, is cancelled. This evening’s […]
Posted on November 5, 2012 | No CommentsMany residents in and near our area are still without power, heat, or water. Some […]
Posted on November 1, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you have weathered the hurricane as best as possible. Our office is still […]
Posted on October 29, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope that you are staying safe and dry as Hurricane Sandy batters New York. […]
Posted on October 26, 2012 | No CommentsWe have recently learned that a new building permit application has been filed with the […]
Posted on October 25, 2012 | No CommentsFollowing up on our earlier post discussing public hearings at the Landmarks Preservation Commission, we […]
Posted on October 24, 2012 | No CommentsPromoting and celebrating local, small businesses in the neighborhood has always been a top priority […]
Posted on October 23, 2012 | No CommentsDesignation reports are detailed documents created by New York City’s Landmarks Preservation Commission at the […]
Posted on October 22, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow will be our one and only chance to speak directly to the City Council […]
Posted on October 19, 2012 | 1 CommentToday marks the anniversary of the opening of the first Blockbuster store in the country […]