Browse By Neighborhood
- Places We Love: That Shopable Block, East 9th Street: Today we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Fashion in the Park: With Fashion Week ending yesterday, we thought we’d wrap up our week with a look...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 23, 2011 | 3 CommentsUntil very recently, the storefront at 15 8th Avenue (between West 12th & Jane Streets) […]
Posted on September 22, 2011 | 3 Comments“Your job’s a joke, you’re broke, your love life’s D.O.A”… Sound familiar? That’s either because […]
Posted on September 22, 2011 | No CommentsA memorial was held for Nelson Perez, man who died in Brooklyn motorcycle accident (EV […]
Posted on September 22, 2011 | No CommentsNYU releases sham parks plan (City Room) Jeremiah’s Vanishing New York looks back at the […]
Posted on September 21, 2011 | No CommentsAs our program schedule attests, we here at GVSHP love a good renovation story. So […]
Posted on September 20, 2011 | 7 CommentsLast week we talked about the history of the building at 48 3rd Avenue and […]
Posted on September 19, 2011 | 1 CommentWalking down the quiet, shady block of East 3rd Street between Avenues C and D, […]
Posted on September 16, 2011 | No CommentsCheck out pics and a menu of the new West Village Fatty ‘Cue located at […]
Posted on September 16, 2011 | No CommentsRudin family has obtained $525 million for plan to remake St. Vincent’s site (Wall Street […]
Posted on September 16, 2011 | No CommentsEast Village coffee shop The Bean fights back Starbucks’ 186 locations (that’s more locations than […]