Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 7, 2012 | No CommentsThe holiday season is well underway and our neighborhoods have wonderful events going on to […]
Posted on December 6, 2012 | No CommentsLouisiana’s notorious Angola State Prison. Folk singer Pete Seeger. The Dry Dock District in Alphabet […]
Posted on December 5, 2012 | No CommentsCurbed New York recently posted an engaging photo montage on their site featuring vintage real […]
Posted on December 4, 2012 | No CommentsThe eastern- and western-most areas of the Village were among the areas of Manhattan hard […]
Posted on December 3, 2012 | No CommentsThis past Saturday the GVSHP Brokers Partnership presented a film screening of Get Crazy (1983) […]
Posted on November 30, 2012 | No CommentsIn September the Board of Standards and Appeals voted to grant variances to the Mutliple […]
Posted on November 29, 2012 | No CommentsDo you remember the fake ivy saga involving the storefront of 47 West 8th Street […]
Posted on November 27, 2012 | No CommentsCRITICAL PUBLIC HEARING TOMORROW ON PROPOSED HUDSON SQUARE REZONING AND IMPACT ON THE SOUTH […]
Posted on November 26, 2012 | 2 CommentsSix and a half years ago, a pitched battle began against the scheme to construct […]
Posted on November 23, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now that the holiday season is underway, we […]