Browse By Neighborhood
- What’s That Orange Netting On My Neighbor’s Rooftop?: Every so often we get a call or an email here at GVSHP asking about...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Map It! Finding the Lost Stuyvesant Alley: Recently, someone contacted us asking about the location of Stuyvesant Alley, which no longer exists....
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 23, 2012 | No CommentsThis Sunday, March 25, marks the 101st Anniversary of the infamous Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. […]
Posted on March 22, 2012 | 1 CommentWe are thrilled to share with you the news that GVSHP successfully nominated the South […]
Posted on March 21, 2012 | No CommentsPlease join GVSHP, NYU faculty and students, and Village, SoHo, NoHo, Union Square, and Chelsea […]
Posted on March 20, 2012 | No CommentsIf you’ve gotten our program email or flyer you know that Time and Space on […]
Posted on March 19, 2012 | 1 CommentWith St. Patrick’s Day just this past Saturday, we thought we would take a look […]
Posted on March 16, 2012 | No CommentsNew York City has no shortage of Irish watering holes, but if you’re looking to […]
Posted on March 15, 2012 | No CommentsLast week Time Out New York compiled a list of the 100 Best NYC Songs. […]
Posted on March 14, 2012 | No CommentsThe Village Voice recently released its annual 10 best picks for the best restaurants in […]
Posted on March 13, 2012 | 1 CommentThe Village is full of beloved landmarks and winding streets familiar across the world. However, […]
Posted on March 12, 2012 | No Comments“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad […]