Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Sheridan Square Uncovered: GVSHP recently released 90 new images on the GVSHP image archive. Almost half of them date ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 10, 2014 | 1 CommentMany Gotham dwellers just about have their spirit broken from all the eclectic, only-in-New-York kinds […]
Posted on October 9, 2014 | No CommentsAs you may have heard, we have a big anniversary coming up! And not one […]
Posted on October 8, 2014 | 1 CommentWorking in historic preservation, you know that you win some and you lose some. The […]
Posted on October 7, 2014 | No CommentsThinking of white glazed brick buildings can conjure images of boxy post-war high rises on […]
Posted on October 6, 2014 | No CommentsThis Wednesday, we here at Off the Grid are looking forward to celebrating the 15th […]
Posted on October 3, 2014 | No CommentsKids today still know what a pencil is and how to sharpen it, right? In […]
Posted on October 2, 2014 | No CommentsOp-Ed BY ANDREW BERMAN, Executive Director, Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation October 2, 2014 […]
Posted on October 1, 2014 | No CommentsLast weekend, GVSHP, GrowNYC, and the East Village Parks Conservancy teamed up to create an […]
Posted on September 29, 2014 | 2 CommentsWhen you’ve been involved in a struggle since last century – 16 long years – […]