Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Makari: Your input is needed! Today we kick off our new "Business of the Month" feature...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Sullivan Street Playhouse: Gone But Not Forgotten: Today marks the tenth anniversary of the final performance of the off-Broadway hit The Fantasticks...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 18, 2012 | No CommentsIn light of demolition plans that GVSHP uncovered for the Federal row house at 186 […]
Posted on July 17, 2012 | 1 CommentIn 2008 NYU planned to demolish the Provincetown Playhouse to make way for a new […]
Posted on July 16, 2012 | No CommentsIt’s no secret that preservationists often turn to maps for inspiration and research, but it […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | 1 CommentAs Off the Grid chronicled last year, today is the anniversary of New York City’s […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSt. Anthony of Padua Church has stood on Sullivan Street in the South Village since […]
Posted on July 11, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow, July 12th, marks a big day for landmark review in the East Village. That’s […]
Posted on July 10, 2012 | 3 CommentsThe New School recently “topped out” its new “University Center” at 65 Fifth Avenue at […]
Posted on July 9, 2012 | 2 CommentsWith all the recent buzz surrounding the newly reopened McCarren Park Pool, we started thinking […]
Posted on July 6, 2012 | 2 CommentsYou can’t watch a music video, open a fashion magazine or even walk down the […]
Posted on July 5, 2012 | No CommentsThis week, the Fourth of July holiday has us here at Off the Grid thinking […]