Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- April 19, 1927: Mae West Sentenced on Morals Charges at Jefferson Market Courthouse: “Miss West, are you trying to show contempt for this court?” “On the contrary, your Honor,” ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 17, 2014 | No CommentsFor many New Yorkers, buying a Christmas tree from a street side vendor is part […]
Posted on December 16, 2014 | 1 CommentMuch of the Village Voice from the 1950s to the mid-2000s is available to view […]
Posted on December 15, 2014 | No CommentsFor today’s Building Broadway post, we thought we’d take a look at the former McCreery’s […]
Posted on December 12, 2014 | No CommentsFor decades, various industries have used Greenwich Village (or the romanticized idea of Greenwich Village) […]
Posted on December 11, 2014 | No CommentsLast week’s community meeting about the need to better preserve and protect the Village’s University […]
Posted on December 10, 2014 | 1 CommentWith ongoing recent public protests, Union Square has been splashed across the news again as […]