Browse By Neighborhood
- Places We Love: That Shopable Block, East 9th Street: Today we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Fashion in the Park: With Fashion Week ending yesterday, we thought we’d wrap up our week with a look...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 9, 2011 | 1 CommentLast week we tantalized you with an incredible photograph of 3rd Avenue between 10th and […]
Posted on September 8, 2011 | 4 CommentsAs many of you may have seen or heard, the beloved 9/11 Tiles for America […]
Posted on September 7, 2011 | No CommentsWe love receiving research queries here at GVSHP, but never more so than when the […]
Posted on September 7, 2011 | No CommentsWant to see pictures of the crazy, quirky, opening weekend of the Big Gay Ice […]
Posted on September 7, 2011 | No CommentsWaverly Inn employee injured during liquor robbery (DNAinfo) Coen Brothers confirm Greenwich Village folk film! […]
Posted on September 6, 2011 | No CommentsFor those of you who don’t flip through your grandparents’ stacks of mail order catalogs, […]
Posted on September 2, 2011 | No CommentsThis Monday most of us will be enjoying a day off, celebrating the last unofficial […]
Posted on September 2, 2011 | No CommentsA tour of Jane’s Sweet Buns, East Village dessert spot that serves cocktail-inspired pastries (Food […]
Posted on September 1, 2011 | No CommentsEV Grieve continues its Hurricane-Irene-in-Tompkins-Square-Park-aftermath news….here & here. The fallen willow tree at La Plaza […]
Posted on September 1, 2011 | No CommentsA rare 7th-floor Village walk-up has gotten the attention of both NearSay and The Wall […]