Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Makari: Your input is needed! Today we kick off our new "Business of the Month" feature...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Sullivan Street Playhouse: Gone But Not Forgotten: Today marks the tenth anniversary of the final performance of the off-Broadway hit The Fantasticks...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 9, 2012 | 2 CommentsWith all the recent buzz surrounding the newly reopened McCarren Park Pool, we started thinking […]
Posted on July 6, 2012 | 2 CommentsYou can’t watch a music video, open a fashion magazine or even walk down the […]
Posted on July 5, 2012 | No CommentsThis week, the Fourth of July holiday has us here at Off the Grid thinking […]
Posted on July 3, 2012 | No CommentsThe food world is abuzz with anticipation of Joey Chestnut and the 97th annual Nathan’s […]
Posted on July 2, 2012 | No CommentsA little over two months ago, Off the Grid covered a meeting regarding the proposed […]
Posted on June 29, 2012 | No CommentsAs June comes to a close, we wanted to celebrate Pride Month with a look […]
Posted on June 28, 2012 | No CommentsA reminder that tomorrow will likely be the most important day in our continuing fight […]
Posted on June 27, 2012 | No CommentsYesterday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission held a designation hearing for the proposed East Village/Lower East […]
Posted on June 26, 2012 | No CommentsOff the Grid recently reported on how St. Mark’s Bookshop, the beloved independent bookshop in […]
Posted on June 25, 2012 | No CommentsNext in the Map It! series is Stuyvesant Street, which runs through the northern portion […]