Browse By Neighborhood
- A Tale of Two Tenements: 226 & 228 East 6th Street: This week we thought we'd take another look at sister tenements - designed by the...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Community Cornerstones: The Renee and Chaim Gross Foundation: Tucked away on an unassuming block on LaGuardia Place is the former studio and home...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on May 1, 2012 | No CommentsOne of the resources that GVSHP offers to the community is its Preservation Watch program- […]
Posted on April 30, 2012 | 1 CommentLast week, the National Trust for Historic Preservation and American Express revealed 40 preservation projects […]
Posted on April 27, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow, April 28th, marks the 30th anniversary of the world premiere of Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out […]
Posted on April 26, 2012 | 1 CommentLast night, the Parks, Recreation & Open Space Committee of Community Board 2 held the […]
Posted on April 25, 2012 | 1 CommentWe always thought the building at 193 Second Avenue at the corner of 12th […]
Posted on April 24, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow morning one of the most important public hearings on NYU’s massive expansion plan will […]
Posted on April 23, 2012 | No CommentsThe World of Video at 51 Greenwich Avenue, the oldest and longest-running video rental store in […]
Posted on April 20, 2012 | No CommentsOn April 21, 1831, New York University was chartered as the University of the City […]
Posted on April 19, 2012 | No CommentsAstor Place — in one form or another — has been part of Manhattan’s […]
Posted on April 18, 2012 | No CommentsOn Sunday, May 6, GVSHP will present its 14th Annual Village House Tour, a benefit […]