Browse By Neighborhood
- Alexander Hamilton and the Village: The hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding...
- Save the Village!: That’s the name of Tim McDarrah’s new walking tours. The tours are based on the...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on April 12, 2013 | 2 CommentsEarlier in the week we looked at what sites the Landmarks Preservation Commission excluded from […]
Posted on April 11, 2013 | No CommentsIf you haven’t already, be sure to reserve your tickets for GVSHP’s 15th Annual Village […]
Posted on April 10, 2013 | No CommentsDo you recognize the three-dimensional map in this photo? Hint: half a century ago, the […]
Posted on April 9, 2013 | 4 CommentsLast week the Landmarks Preservation Commission revealed their draft proposed boundaries for Phase II of […]
Posted on April 8, 2013 | No CommentsLast week the New York Times reported that a large collection of jazz photographs, an […]
Posted on April 5, 2013 | 1 CommentThis Sunday, the Season 6 premiere of Mad Men will transport us back to late […]
Posted on April 4, 2013 | No CommentsForty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the […]
Posted on April 3, 2013 | 3 CommentsGVSHP is proud to be working with PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and […]
Posted on April 2, 2013 | 1 CommentThe Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation is gearing up for our 15th Annual Village […]
Posted on April 1, 2013 | No CommentsFor most, lower Fifth Avenue conjures up images of grand early to mid-20th century apartment […]