Browse By Neighborhood
- Alexander Hamilton and the Village: The hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding...
- The Village Seen: Photographer Dan Efram: Today we launch a new occasional series, "The Village Seen," to display the work of...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on May 27, 2015 | No CommentsIn remembering the 150th anniversary of the Lincoln assassination, the Merchant’s House Museum displayed a […]
Posted on January 15, 2015 | 1 CommentThis post is the second in a three-part series about holidays held in the Village, […]
Posted on April 14, 2014 | No CommentsIt was almost 150 years ago this evening that President Abraham Lincoln was fatally shot […]
Posted on September 5, 2013 | 2 CommentsOn September 6, 1901, President William McKinley was shot while visiting the Pan-American Exposition in […]
Posted on February 12, 2013 | 1 CommentOn this day in 1809, Abraham Lincoln was born in Hodgenville, Kentucky. Serving as the […]
Posted on February 27, 2012 | 1 CommentAs I was considering a topic for last week’s Presidents’ Day post, I came across […]
Page 1 of 11