Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- Bergino Baseball Clubhouse: This is the first in a series of “Doing Business in the Village” blog posts...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 1, 2014 | No CommentsSince 1988, December 1 has marked a day of awareness for the global pandemic of […]
Posted on July 2, 2014 | No CommentsThirty-three years ago this Thursday, on July 3, 1981, the New York Times ran a […]
Posted on June 18, 2014 | No CommentsIt may be a hazy West Village memory now, but there was a time in […]
Posted on June 4, 2013 | No CommentsThirty two years ago tomorrow the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published its […]
Posted on February 26, 2013 | No CommentsThis coming March will mark the twenty-sixth anniversary of the founding of ACT UP (AIDS […]
Posted on February 14, 2013 | 1 CommentLast week the design team behind the AIDS Memorial in St. Vincent’s Park presented some […]
Posted on February 1, 2013 | 1 CommentToday we note the passing of Edward I. Koch, Mayor of New York City from […]
Posted on August 22, 2012 | 1 CommentPRESS RELEASE For Immediate Release August 22nd, 2012 EARLY GAY RIGHTS LANDMARK FACES DEMOLITION BUT […]
Page 1 of 11