Browse By Neighborhood
- A Sad Farewell to Joe’s Dairy: After 60 years, Joe’s Dairy, a small South Village institution specializing in fresh mozzarella (plain, salted, and smoked) will cl
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on December 6, 2012 | No CommentsLouisiana’s notorious Angola State Prison. Folk singer Pete Seeger. The Dry Dock District in Alphabet...
Posted on September 19, 2011 | 1 CommentWalking down the quiet, shady block of East 3rd Street between Avenues C and D,...
Posted on July 1, 2011 | 1 CommentMany of you may remember the unusual, eclectic toy tower that once stood in the...
Posted on June 24, 2011 | No CommentsThis is post #5 in a series devoted to our ongoing research of 143-145 Ave...
Posted on June 14, 2011 | 6 CommentsNo, we’re not referencing the catchy pop song of a similar title (although it’s now...
Posted on April 25, 2011 | 3 CommentsThis is post #4 in a series devoted to our ongoing research of 143-145 Ave...
Posted on March 29, 2011 | 1 CommentThis is post #3 in a series devoted to our research of the fascinating building...
Posted on March 16, 2011 | 4 CommentsThis is post #2 in a series devoted to our ongoing research of 143-145 Ave...
Posted on March 15, 2011 | 4 CommentsWhat follows is first in a series of posts devoted to our research of the...
Page 1 of 11