Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Annual Village Awards
Posted on June 3, 2016 | No CommentsOff the Grid is highlighting the 2016 Village Awards winners in the lead up to the June […]
Posted on December 23, 2015 | No CommentsAs 2015 comes to a close, we are thankful for the generous support of our members […]
Posted on June 9, 2015 | 2 CommentsOff the Grid is highlighting the winners of GVSHP’s 2015 Village Awards, in the lead up to our June […]
Posted on June 8, 2015 | No CommentsToday we welcome to the GVSHP staff Matthew Morowitz, GVSHP’s new Administrative Assistant, replacing Meaghan […]
Posted on June 1, 2015 | No CommentsThis is the second of six posts highlighting 2015 Annual Awards recipients. Visit here for more […]
Posted on March 30, 2015 | No CommentsNominations are now open for the 2015 Annual Village Awards. This year’s Awards will be […]
Posted on June 9, 2014 | No CommentsHere’s a neighborhood old-timer for you. The New York Marble Cemetery, which turns 184 years […]
Posted on May 21, 2013 | No CommentsLast week, Off the Grid celebrated the upcoming Obie and Tony Awards. Today, GVSHP is […]
Posted on March 30, 2012 | No CommentsThis spring, Greenwich Village business Your Neighborhood Office was named best “doorman substitute” in 2012 […]
Page 1 of 11