Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Anthology Film Archives
Posted on February 14, 2014 | No CommentsIf you waited for the last minute to plan your Valentine’s Day evening or need […]
Posted on December 3, 2012 | No CommentsThis past Saturday the GVSHP Brokers Partnership presented a film screening of Get Crazy (1983) […]
Posted on November 1, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you have weathered the hurricane as best as possible. Our office is still […]
Posted on October 18, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope that you can join us for our upcoming event Reel Rockers: Come ‘Get […]
Posted on June 20, 2012 | No CommentsOn Tuesday, June 26 the Landmarks Preservation Commission will hold a public hearing on the […]
Posted on February 8, 2012 | 4 CommentsPigeons shake their wings on the copper church roof out my window across the […]
Page 1 of 11