Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- King’s Assassination Began Fifteen Year Quest for a National Holiday: Forty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Anthology Film Archives
Posted on May 9, 2014 | No CommentsDo the tall arches of the sturdy red-brick Anthology Film Archives reassure you? Does the […]
Posted on February 14, 2014 | No CommentsIf you waited for the last minute to plan your Valentine’s Day evening or need […]
Posted on December 3, 2012 | No CommentsThis past Saturday the GVSHP Brokers Partnership presented a film screening of Get Crazy (1983) […]
Posted on November 1, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you have weathered the hurricane as best as possible. Our office is still […]
Posted on October 18, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope that you can join us for our upcoming event Reel Rockers: Come ‘Get […]
Posted on June 20, 2012 | No CommentsOn Tuesday, June 26 the Landmarks Preservation Commission will hold a public hearing on the […]
Posted on February 8, 2012 | 5 CommentsPigeons shake their wings on the copper church roof out my window across the […]
Page 1 of 11