Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Tenement House Act of 1901: April 12, 1901 marks the date when the New York State Legislature's passed the Tenement ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on April 13, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on April 22, 2016 | 2 CommentsToday is Earth Day, first celebrated in NYC in 1970, and you may notice some […]
Posted on March 2, 2016 | No CommentsIt may not technically be spring just yet, but the spring semester for GVSHP’s Children’s […]
Posted on April 30, 2015 | No CommentsOn this day, April 30th, in 1789, George Washington was inaugurated as the first President […]
Posted on February 17, 2012 | 3 CommentsWith Presidents’ Day, celebrating George Washington’s birthday (among other things) just around the corner, we […]
Page 1 of 11