Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- King’s Assassination Began Fifteen Year Quest for a National Holiday: Forty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on April 6, 2015 | No CommentsWe’re excited to announce that individual tickets for our 17th annual house tour are now […]
Posted on March 11, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on March 5, 2015 | 1 CommentIf you love walking our Village streets, chances are you’ve come across the neglected little […]
Posted on February 13, 2015 | No CommentsValentine’s Day is almost here with almost no time left to waste! Due to the […]
Posted on November 18, 2014 | No CommentsAn early twentieth-century song entitled ‘The Greenwich Village Epic’ declares: ‘Fairyland’s not far from Washington […]
Posted on October 22, 2014 | No CommentsThe produce spilling out into the street and the haphazard awnings in the above 1925 […]
Posted on August 27, 2014 | No CommentsGVSHP has always been concerned about the status of small businesses, whether they be […]
Posted on April 15, 2014 | 2 CommentsThis is the latest installment of the Off the Grid series in which we highlight the people, […]
Posted on November 27, 2013 | No CommentsAt this time of year, we’re thinking about the many things we’re grateful for, as […]
Posted on November 13, 2013 | 1 CommentYesterday the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) approved an application for a new storefront at 259-263 […]