Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on August 24, 2016 | 1 CommentAt 283 Bleecker Street, a charming green awning once announced the name of an equally […]
Posted on August 23, 2016 | No CommentsCharles Busch is the quintessential Villager. A prolific playwright and actor, he has lived in […]
Posted on July 7, 2016 | No CommentsThis is part 3 in a series discussing the Village’s role in the development of […]
Posted on July 6, 2016 | No CommentsPart of my job at GVSHP as the Director of Research and Preservation is to […]
Posted on March 8, 2016 | No Comments25 Bleecker Street is one of nine extant buildings originally constructed as Federal style row […]
Posted on February 19, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP is excited to share our oral history collection with the public, and hope they will […]
Posted on January 20, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on December 17, 2015 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on October 14, 2015 | 1 CommentWe continue the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Landmarks Law by learning about […]