Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Business of the Month: St. Mark’s Bookshop, 136 East 3rd Street: Your input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 20, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on December 17, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on October 14, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Landmarks Law by learning about […]
Posted on September 3, 2015 | No CommentsChess tables have been a staple of New York City public parks for decades. While […]
Posted on August 28, 2015 | No CommentsIt’s been over four years since the original It Happened Here: 80’s Music Videos graced the […]
Posted on August 5, 2015 | No CommentsThe Ashcan School refers to a loosely knit group of urban realist painters based in […]
Posted on July 31, 2015 | No CommentsHere at Off the Grid we are sad to report that we have lost a […]
Posted on April 6, 2015 | No CommentsWe’re excited to announce that individual tickets for our 17th annual house tour are now […]
Posted on March 11, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on March 5, 2015 | 1 CommentIf you love walking our Village streets, chances are you’ve come across the neglected little […]