Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Board of Standards and Appeals
Posted on November 14, 2016 | No CommentsFor over 85 years, the 195 foot tall smokestacks of the Superior Inks building were […]
Posted on February 1, 2013 | No CommentsFrom the January 31, 2013 issue of The Villager. Noho and Soho’s firewall against N.Y.U. […]
Posted on January 17, 2013 | 9 CommentsThe High Line has become one of Manhattan’s most popular attractions, offering a unique opportunity […]
Posted on January 9, 2013 | No CommentsYesterday’s Board of Standards and Appeals (BSA) hearing on NYU’s variance application for 730 Broadway […]
Posted on November 30, 2012 | No CommentsIn September the Board of Standards and Appeals voted to grant variances to the Mutliple […]
Developer Seeks Variances from Board of Standards and Appeals for Rooftop Additions at 329-335 East 9th StreetPosted on May 31, 2012 | 2 CommentsOn June 5 the Board of Standards and Appeals will hold a hearing for variances […]
Posted on December 5, 2011 | 2 Comments‘ Tis the season! Since we’re in the midst of both the holiday and presidential […]
Page 1 of 11