Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Charlton-King-Vandam Historic District
Posted on September 17, 2014 | No CommentsMany longtime residents of the Village have wondered about the fate of 43 MacDougal Street, […]
Posted on May 1, 2014 | No CommentsWelcome to the inaugural post in our Throwback Thursday series where we will share some […]
Posted on April 28, 2014 | 1 CommentWarm, sunny days in the Village have us here at GVSHP looking forward to our […]
Posted on April 8, 2013 | No CommentsLast week the New York Times reported that a large collection of jazz photographs, an […]
Posted on November 14, 2012 | No CommentsThis morning, just before Appalachian Spring played on the radio, I learned that today would […]
Posted on August 29, 2012 | 4 CommentsAs most everyone knows, we’re kind of map and statistics geeks here at Off The […]
Posted on April 4, 2011 | 2 CommentsBy all accounts it looks like we’re in for a rainy week, which doesn’t bode […]
Page 1 of 11