Browse By Neighborhood
- Is Gay Street Really ‘gay’?: It's one of the quaintest and most intriguing streets in the West Village. It's located just a block from the Stonewall Inn, the birth
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on November 8, 2012 | No CommentsJust prior to Sandy’s devastation, we reported the disappointing news that the City Council had...
Posted on October 22, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow will be our one and only chance to speak directly to the City Council...
Posted on September 28, 2012 | No CommentsDespite the cloudy skies, today GVSHP was joined by community, affordable housing, and tenant groups...
Posted on July 23, 2012 | No CommentsSimply put, adaptive reuse is defined as the process of adapting old structure for new...
Developer Seeks Variances from Board of Standards and Appeals for Rooftop Additions at 329-335 East 9th StreetPosted on May 31, 2012 | 2 CommentsOn June 5 the Board of Standards and Appeals will hold a hearing for variances...
Posted on January 24, 2012 | 2 CommentsLast week we had a bittersweet victory when the Landmarks Preservation Commission voted in favor...
Posted on May 4, 2011 | 2 CommentsThose wanting to fight the plan to build massive additions atop the historic Chelsea Market...
Page 1 of 11