Browse By Neighborhood
- Places We Love: That Shopable Block, East 9th Street: Today we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Fashion in the Park: With Fashion Week ending yesterday, we thought we’d wrap up our week with a look...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 8, 2012 | No CommentsJust prior to Sandy’s devastation, we reported the disappointing news that the City Council had […]
Posted on October 22, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow will be our one and only chance to speak directly to the City Council […]
Posted on September 28, 2012 | No CommentsDespite the cloudy skies, today GVSHP was joined by community, affordable housing, and tenant groups […]
Posted on July 23, 2012 | No CommentsSimply put, adaptive reuse is defined as the process of adapting old structure for new […]
Developer Seeks Variances from Board of Standards and Appeals for Rooftop Additions at 329-335 East 9th StreetPosted on May 31, 2012 | 2 CommentsOn June 5 the Board of Standards and Appeals will hold a hearing for variances […]
Posted on January 24, 2012 | 2 CommentsLast week we had a bittersweet victory when the Landmarks Preservation Commission voted in favor […]
Posted on May 4, 2011 | 2 CommentsThose wanting to fight the plan to build massive additions atop the historic Chelsea Market […]
Page 1 of 11