Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: East Village Cheese: Your input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 8, 2015 | No CommentsChristopher Street is the place most of us look to when it comes to LGBTQ […]
Posted on October 30, 2014 | 1 Comment(This post is the first of a series on the history of the LGBTQ community […]
Posted on October 22, 2014 | No CommentsThe produce spilling out into the street and the haphazard awnings in the above 1925 […]
Posted on September 3, 2014 | No CommentsThere are only a few seats left for tomorrow evening’s program with photographer Richard Blair […]
Posted on January 24, 2014 | No CommentsIf you love theater in the Village, we think you will enjoy this blog post […]
Posted on January 11, 2013 | 3 CommentsThis Tuesday, Jeanne Manford died at the age of 92. Sometimes referred to as the […]
Posted on February 9, 2012 | 1 CommentHave you ever come across a peculiar street pattern in the city and wondered how […]
Posted on November 23, 2011 | No CommentsThanksgiving has been an unofficial tradition in the US since settlers first came here, an […]
Posted on November 18, 2011 | No CommentsRising like an ark over Christopher Street, the Archive Building’s construction and multiple uses over […]
Posted on June 28, 2011 | 1 CommentToday marks the anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising, a series of riotous protests at the […]
Page 1 of 11