Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Church of the Ascension
Posted on May 13, 2015 | 1 CommentGVSHP is proud to be a co-sponsor of the New York Landmarks Conservancy’s Sacred Sites […]
Posted on May 15, 2013 | 3 CommentsYesterday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved an application for establishing a Master Plan at the […]
Posted on December 13, 2012 | No CommentsThis image from the GVSHP Archive features an idyllic view of people gathering on the […]
Posted on May 16, 2012 | No CommentsThis weekend, the New York Landmarks Conservancy is again organizing the state-wide Sacred Sites Open […]
Posted on June 13, 2011 | 2 CommentsWhile many of our 2011 Village Awardees are located within NYC historic districts, the Church […]
Posted on June 8, 2011 | 1 CommentReaders who have followed our advocacy work with NYU know that much has recently changed […]
Posted on May 21, 2011 | No CommentsThis weekend, our friends over at the New York Landmarks Conservancy are hosting a state-wide, […]
Page 1 of 11