Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- LGBT History: Not Just West Village Bars: Here at GVSHP we are excited about our recently launched Village Civil Rights & Social ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Community Board 2
Posted on January 11, 2017 | No CommentsGVSHP’s recently published Greenwich Village Historic District New Buildings Report for the first time catalogues every new […]
Posted on July 18, 2016 | 1 CommentWant to build higher than you are allowed under existing rezoning? Or operate a gas […]
Posted on May 20, 2016 | No CommentsNote: This is an updated version of a post originally written by Amanda Davis Two […]
Posted on October 20, 2015 | No CommentsEver since the Stonewall designation back in June, the push for designating LGBT sites around […]
Posted on October 25, 2012 | No CommentsFollowing up on our earlier post discussing public hearings at the Landmarks Preservation Commission, we […]
Posted on September 19, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you can join us for tonight’s critical public hearing on the proposed Hudson […]
Posted on September 6, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you can join us for an incredibly important community board public hearing tonight […]
Posted on July 2, 2012 | No CommentsA little over two months ago, Off the Grid covered a meeting regarding the proposed […]
Posted on April 26, 2012 | 1 CommentLast night, the Parks, Recreation & Open Space Committee of Community Board 2 held the […]
Posted on March 13, 2012 | 1 CommentThe Village is full of beloved landmarks and winding streets familiar across the world. However, […]