Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- See You on the Dark Side of the Village!: Forty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Community Board 3
Posted on May 20, 2016 | No CommentsNote: This is an updated version of a post originally written by Amanda Davis Two […]
Posted on August 6, 2015 | 2 CommentsPolice brutality, class warfare, gentrification — today these are hot button topics, both nationally and […]
Posted on June 26, 2015 | No CommentsThink about the neighborhood where you live, whether West Village or East, Astor Place or […]
Posted on October 25, 2012 | No CommentsFollowing up on our earlier post discussing public hearings at the Landmarks Preservation Commission, we […]
Posted on July 11, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow, July 12th, marks a big day for landmark review in the East Village. That’s […]
Posted on July 19, 2011 | No CommentsWe were intrigued to discover late last week that 264 East 7th Street, one of […]
Posted on July 14, 2011 | 6 CommentsReaders who have been involved in our efforts to support the City’s two proposed East […]
Posted on April 22, 2011 | 1 CommentSpeaking of the firm Town, Davis & Dakin (which as you’ll recall from yesterday’s post […]
Page 1 of 11