Browse By Neighborhood
- A First for Recognizing LGBT History in the South Village: Over the past several weeks, we've been highlighting the recent designation of the South Village...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- No Need for a Mock UN at One East Village Elementary School: School may be out for the summer, but that doesn't mean we can’t take time...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Community Board 3
Posted on October 25, 2012 | No CommentsFollowing up on our earlier post discussing public hearings at the Landmarks Preservation Commission, we […]
Posted on July 11, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow, July 12th, marks a big day for landmark review in the East Village. That’s […]
Posted on July 19, 2011 | No CommentsWe were intrigued to discover late last week that 264 East 7th Street, one of […]
Posted on July 14, 2011 | 6 CommentsReaders who have been involved in our efforts to support the City’s two proposed East […]
Posted on April 22, 2011 | 1 CommentSpeaking of the firm Town, Davis & Dakin (which as you’ll recall from yesterday’s post […]
Page 1 of 11