Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 10, 2015 | 1 CommentStonewall was designated an individual landmark on June 30, 2015. Since then, people have asked […]
Posted on September 19, 2014 | 1 CommentPerhaps one of the most frequent questions we here at GVSHP get from the public […]
Posted on July 22, 2014 | 1 CommentThe freestanding house at 121 Charles Street has been in the limelight the last few […]
Posted on August 8, 2013 | No CommentsSix years ago today, on August 8, 2007, the Landmarks Preservation Commission wrote to GVSHP […]
Posted on October 23, 2012 | No CommentsDesignation reports are detailed documents created by New York City’s Landmarks Preservation Commission at the […]
Posted on November 14, 2011 | 1 CommentThe New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite […]
Page 1 of 11