Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- King’s Assassination Began Fifteen Year Quest for a National Holiday: Forty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 19, 2014 | 1 CommentPerhaps one of the most frequent questions we here at GVSHP get from the public […]
Posted on July 22, 2014 | No CommentsThe freestanding house at 121 Charles Street has been in the limelight the last few […]
Posted on August 8, 2013 | No CommentsSix years ago today, on August 8, 2007, the Landmarks Preservation Commission wrote to GVSHP […]
Posted on October 23, 2012 | No CommentsDesignation reports are detailed documents created by New York City’s Landmarks Preservation Commission at the […]
Posted on November 14, 2011 | No CommentsThe New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite […]
Page 1 of 11