Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Farewell to Our Friend Bert Waggott: Here at Off the Grid we are sad to report that we have lost a...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 10, 2015 | No CommentsStonewall was designated an individual landmark on June 30, 2015. Since then, people have asked […]
Posted on September 19, 2014 | 1 CommentPerhaps one of the most frequent questions we here at GVSHP get from the public […]
Posted on July 22, 2014 | 1 CommentThe freestanding house at 121 Charles Street has been in the limelight the last few […]
Posted on August 8, 2013 | No CommentsSix years ago today, on August 8, 2007, the Landmarks Preservation Commission wrote to GVSHP […]
Posted on October 23, 2012 | No CommentsDesignation reports are detailed documents created by New York City’s Landmarks Preservation Commission at the […]
Posted on November 14, 2011 | No CommentsThe New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite […]
Page 1 of 11