Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Tenement House Act of 1901: April 12, 1901 marks the date when the New York State Legislature's passed the Tenement ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
East 10th Street
Posted on April 13, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on February 24, 2017 | No CommentsOur friends at the Grey Art Gallery hosted a wonderful private tour of their […]
Posted on June 18, 2015 | 1 CommentPerhaps the most well-known art movement associated with Greenwich Village is Abstract Expressionism (also known […]
Posted on March 13, 2015 | No CommentsMarch 14th is a date when several people with important connections to the Village will […]
Posted on May 10, 2012 | No CommentsSince it opened in 1904, the Tompkins Square Branch of the New York Public Library […]
Posted on January 16, 2012 | No CommentsAs a reminder on Tuesday, January 17, the Landmarks Preservation Commission will have a […]
Posted on September 20, 2011 | 7 CommentsLast week we talked about the history of the building at 48 3rd Avenue and […]
Page 1 of 11