Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
East 11th Street
Posted on June 9, 2016 | No CommentsThere are many tactics that developers may use to get rid of tenants, or to […]
Posted on May 6, 2016 | 1 CommentGreenwich Village, the East Village and NoHo offer a vast array of architectural styles that […]
Posted on May 7, 2014 | 4 CommentsAs I was walking along East 11th Street recently I happened to notice two tenements […]
Posted on March 10, 2014 | 4 CommentsRecently, someone contacted us asking about the location of Stuyvesant Alley, which no longer exists. […]
Posted on November 23, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now that the holiday season is underway, we […]
Posted on October 15, 2012 | 1 CommentWhen you’ve been living in, working in, and researching the East Village for many years […]
Posted on November 22, 2011 | 2 CommentsWe’ve been anxiously awaiting the big reveal of the new artwork on the All Saint’s […]
Page 1 of 11