Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- When was my building built? and other tricky research questions: The New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
east 9th street
Posted on October 3, 2014 | No CommentsKids today still know what a pencil is and how to sharpen it, right? In […]
Posted on June 6, 2014 | No CommentsYou’re invited to a plaque unveiling and festivities honoring Frank O’Hara on Tuesday, June 10 […]
Posted on November 11, 2013 | 1 CommentToday we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites […]
Posted on November 30, 2012 | No CommentsIn September the Board of Standards and Appeals voted to grant variances to the Mutliple […]
Developer Seeks Variances from Board of Standards and Appeals for Rooftop Additions at 329-335 East 9th StreetPosted on May 31, 2012 | 2 CommentsOn June 5 the Board of Standards and Appeals will hold a hearing for variances […]
Posted on December 7, 2011 | 1 CommentYesterday we explored some of the history of elevated train lines in the Village. Today […]
Page 1 of 11