Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Remembering East Village resident and musician Lead Belly: As regular readers of "Off the Grid" will know, one of many ways GVSHP has...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
East Village Lower East Side Historic District
Posted on November 24, 2015 | No CommentsWe continue the Landmarks50 celebration with a look at another individual landmark in our neighborhood, […]
Posted on June 20, 2014 | No CommentsIt was six years ago today that the 101 Avenue A — home to the […]
Posted on August 9, 2013 | 1 CommentFive years ago yesterday GVSHP and the East Village Community Coalition formally requested that the […]
Posted on February 6, 2013 | No CommentsAs GVSHP highlighted several years ago now, the site at 152 2nd Avenue between East […]
Posted on December 17, 2012 | 3 CommentsRecently someone asked me about a building he walked by in the East Village. Showing […]
Posted on January 24, 2012 | 2 CommentsLast week we had a bittersweet victory when the Landmarks Preservation Commission voted in favor […]
Page 1 of 11