Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 17, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on November 3, 2016 | No CommentsOn this day in 1979, The Talking Heads released their single ‘Life During Wartime‘ from […]
Posted on October 31, 2016 | No CommentsHappy Halloween! It’s a time for tricks and treats and taking to the Village streets for […]
Posted on October 27, 2016 | 1 CommentAt GVSHP, we’re proud and protective of many of our community’s more well-known residents. Recently, […]
Posted on October 26, 2016 | No CommentsLandmarks for Sale—or the Wrecker’s Ball Following on the heels of great success with his […]
Posted on October 6, 2016 | No CommentsWhen it comes to modern urban design and planning, perhaps no name figures more prominently […]
Posted on September 27, 2016 | No CommentsA stroll through the Village on a crisp autumn day offers so many alluring bakeries […]
Posted on September 19, 2016 | No CommentsTucked away on East 7th Street between Avenues C and D is the former Beth […]
Posted on September 14, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP is fortunate to be participating in two terrific events this coming Saturday, September 17th […]
Posted on September 8, 2016 | No CommentsLooking for a cool place to hang in the East Village? We have a few […]