Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Jared Kushner’s (Preservation) Record: The Donald has been getting a lot of attention lately, what with his running for ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 13, 2016 | No CommentsJean-Michel Basquiat’s life and work are synonymous with the East Village/NoHo art scene of the […]
Posted on July 12, 2016 | No CommentsToday we’re celebrating the birthday of Veselka owner and GVSHP board member Tom Birchard. As […]
Posted on July 11, 2016 | No CommentsIn the late 19th and early 20th Century, the East Village and Lower East Side […]
Posted on July 5, 2016 | 1 CommentNew York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born […]
Posted on June 21, 2016 | No CommentsHappy Pride Week! Each June during the week leading up to the Gay Pride March, NYC […]
Posted on May 26, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on May 24, 2016 | No CommentsThree years ago, EV Grieve published a post about the preservationists calling for an archeological […]
Posted on May 18, 2016 | No CommentsSpringtime has arrived in our wonderful neighborhoods. Many more people are out and about. Locals and […]
Posted on May 11, 2016 | No CommentsEighty years ago today, on May 11, 1936, the old Tredwell house on 4th Street […]
Posted on May 10, 2016 | No CommentsNote: This is an updated version of a post originally by Karen Loew The New York […]