Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The House of Death: 14 West 10th Street is a Greek Revival house near Washington Square Park with a ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 6, 2016 | No CommentsWhen it comes to modern urban design and planning, perhaps no name figures more prominently […]
Posted on September 27, 2016 | No CommentsA stroll through the Village on a crisp autumn day offers so many alluring bakeries […]
Posted on September 19, 2016 | No CommentsTucked away on East 7th Street between Avenues C and D is the former Beth […]
Posted on September 14, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP is fortunate to be participating in two terrific events this coming Saturday, September 17th […]
Posted on September 8, 2016 | No CommentsLooking for a cool place to hang in the East Village? We have a few […]
Posted on August 18, 2016 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on August 11, 2016 | No CommentsSummer time, and the bounty of vegetables and fruits are abundant. Sometimes you want a […]
Posted on August 10, 2016 | No CommentsAs both we and the media have recently reported, two months ago GVSHP requested the […]
Posted on July 13, 2016 | No CommentsJean-Michel Basquiat’s life and work are synonymous with the East Village/NoHo art scene of the […]
Posted on July 12, 2016 | No CommentsToday we’re celebrating the birthday of Veselka owner and GVSHP board member Tom Birchard. As […]