Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 16, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP is excited to share our oral history collection with the public, and hope they will […]
Posted on March 10, 2016 | 1 CommentWhenever we see another ‘For Sale‘ sign in our neighborhoods, it is often the cause […]
Posted on March 3, 2016 | No CommentsGone but not forgotten, the Village is as much defined by what is above as […]
Posted on February 8, 2016 | No CommentsOn February 7, 1960 the New York Times wrote an article discussing changes in Greenwich […]
Posted on January 12, 2016 | No CommentsGreenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation is excited to share our oral history collection with […]
Posted on December 21, 2015 | No CommentsDuring the holiday season we reflect back on the past year. Here at GVSHP we’ve […]
Posted on December 1, 2015 | No CommentsGreenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation is excited to share our oral history collection with […]
Posted on November 6, 2015 | 1 CommentWe continue the Landmarks50 celebration by taking a look at another individual landmark in our […]
Posted on November 4, 2015 | No CommentsOn Monday evening, GVSHP presented a program at the Sixth Street Community Center with our […]
Posted on October 1, 2015 | No CommentsOur latest examination of honorific street names takes us further into the East Village to 1st […]