Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- 57 Sullivan Street — A Landmark Designation Long Overdue: As one of the oldest surviving houses in Manhattan, 57 Sullivan Street has born witness...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 16, 2014 | No CommentsNext in the Map It! series is 7th Street Place, aka Leandert’s Place and St. […]
Posted on September 4, 2014 | 4 CommentsLast month reader Mike commented on our Lewis Street post that his aunt lived nearby […]
Posted on August 25, 2014 | No CommentsThis week we thought we’d take another look at sister tenements – designed by the […]
Posted on August 8, 2014 | No CommentsTwo weeks ago our friends at Green Guerillas led us on a tour of some […]
Posted on August 1, 2014 | No CommentsA recent report about a possible five-story expansion atop a century-old building has inspired us […]
Posted on July 28, 2014 | No CommentsNext Tuesday, GVSHP will present a panel discussion entitled, “Historic Preservation, Meet Restaurant Preservation.” GVSHP’s […]
Posted on July 18, 2014 | No CommentsLocated at 113 East Fourth Street on a through-block lot bound to the north by […]
Posted on July 10, 2014 | No CommentsWelcome back to another post in our Throwback Thursday series where we feature everyday scenes […]
Posted on July 9, 2014 | 1 CommentAt the southeast corner of Bowery and East 3rd Street, within the recently designated Bowery […]
Posted on June 9, 2014 | No CommentsHere’s a neighborhood old-timer for you. The New York Marble Cemetery, which turns 184 years […]