Browse By Neighborhood
- Map It! Minetta Street, Lane, and…Place?: We're gearing up for tomorrow's LPC public meeting in which the commissioners will vote to "calendar" the proposed South Village Hi
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on March 14, 2012 | No CommentsThe Village Voice recently released its annual 10 best picks for the best restaurants in...
Posted on March 6, 2012 | No CommentsIt was on this date in 1951 that the infamous espionage trial of Julius and...
Posted on March 5, 2012 | 8 CommentsOne of my favorite things about historic architecture research is uncovering the fascinating histories of...
Posted on February 27, 2012 | 1 CommentAs I was considering a topic for last week’s Presidents’ Day post, I came across...
Posted on February 22, 2012 | 2 CommentsThe East Village is renowned for its avant-garde, Off-Off Broadway theaters. One of the great...
Posted on February 3, 2012 | No CommentsBetween the 2nd and 3rd stories of this handsome building at 310-312 East 11th, between...
Posted on January 31, 2012 | 1 CommentAs EV Grieve recently reported, the final credits may be on the way for a...
Posted on January 2, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope that you had a wonderful New Year celebration! With the arrival of 2012...
Posted on December 13, 2011 | 3 CommentsIn recent years, the East Village on the whole has come to be known for...
Posted on December 1, 2011 | 2 CommentsRecently, we told you all about the East Village Meat Market, a traditional Ukrainian butcher...